Canon PIXMA MX490 is multifunction printer product which can do print, fax, scan, and copy. This printer is really recommended because it has stylish design also space saving. Printer which has dimensions 17.2 x 11.7 x 7.5 inches for width, depth, and height is pretty light with weight only 17.2 lbs. This printer can be easily moved and placed everywhere when you take a look at the dimensions and weight, also you can even move the printer by yourself.
Like Canon PIXMA MG7770, the standard interface which the printer uses is Wireless LAN and Hi-Speed USB. So, you can connect to the printer using USB or Wireless in addition you are still within the range.
Canon PIXMA MX490 has some features like Dual Color Gamut Processing Technology, Access Point Mode, Full Dot Matrix LCD, and so on. All of the features surely will make your work become easier. You also can work faster and more efficient since the printer has every function that you needed for work. Furthermore, you will get one year limited warranty, for example like instant exchange program and free technical phone support.
Canon PIXMA MX490 Operating System Compatibility
Windows 10 / Windows 10 (x64) / Windows 8.1 / Windows 8.1 (x64) / Windows 8 / Windows 8 (x64) / Windows 7 / Windows 7 (x64) / Windows Vista / Windows Vista (x64) / Windows XP / Macintosh / Mac OS X (10.7/10.8/10.9/10.10/10.11) / Linux
Canon PIXMA MX490 Specification
|Printing Technology||Color Inkjet with FINE technology|
|Maximum Resolution||Black: up to 600 x 600dpi|
Color: up to 4800 x 1200dpi
|Print Speed||4 x 6″ borderless photo: approx. 43 sec|
ESAT Black: Approx. 8.4ipm
ESAT Color: Approx. 4.8ipm
|Depth||Not Specified by Manufacturer|
|Minimum Ink Droplet Size||2 picoliters|
|Ink Type||ChromaLife 100+|
CL-211 Color Cartridge
PG-210 Black Cartridge
CL-211XL-Extra Large Color Cartridge
PG-211XL-Extra Large Black Cartridge
|Ink Cartridge Configuration||1 x black|
1 x color
|Printer Duty Cycle||Not Specified by Manufacturer|
|Print Archival Life||300 Years|
|Printer Language||Not Specified by Manufacturer|
|Image Sensor||Contact Image Sensor (CIS)|
|Optical Resolution||Max: 1200 x 2400dpi|
|Interpolated Resolution||Interpolated: 19,000 x 19,000dpi|
|Color Depth||48-bit internal/24-bit external|
|Reflective Scan Area||8.5 x 11.7″|
|Scan Modes||AE (Auto Exposure/Intensity) Copy, Borderless, Fit-to-Page, Frame Erase Copy, Intensity, Multiple Copy (1-99 pages)|
|Copy Speed||Color: Approx. 37 seconds|
|Copy Resolution||Not Specified by Manufacturer|
|Reduction/Enlargement||25 – 400%|
|Copy Features||AE (Auto Exposure/Intensity) Copy, Borderless, Fit-to-Page, Frame Erase Copy, Intensity, Multiple Copy (1-99 pages)|
|Maximum Paper Width||10″|
|Maximum Printable Area||8 x 10″|
|Paper Sizes||4 x 6″, 5 x 7″, 8 x 10″, Letter, Legal, U.S. #10 envelopes|
|Borderless Photo Sizes||4 x 6″ up to 8 x 10″|
|Paper Types||Photo Paper Pro Platinum, Photo Paper Pro II, Photo Paper Plus Glossy II, Photo Paper Plus Semi-gloss, Photo Paper Glossy and Matte Photo Paper|
|Maximum Paper Thickness||Not Specified by Manufacturer|
|Special Media Support||Greeting Cards and Photo Stickers|
|Computer Interface||USB 2.0|
|Compatible Memory Cards||SD Memory Card, SDHC, MultiMediaCard (v4.1), MultiMediaCard Plus (v4.1), CompactFlash Card, Microdrive, Memory Stick, Memory Stick PRO; Memory Stick Duo and Memory Stick PRO Duo|
The following can be used with the addition of a special adapter sold separately: miniSD Card, miniSDHC, microSD Card, microSDHC, RS-MMC (v4.1), Memory Stick Micro, xD-Picture Card, xD-Picture Card (Type M), and xD-Picture Card (Type H).
|Direct Print Capable||Yes|
|System & Software Requirements||System requirements vary by application.|
|Compatible Operating Systems||Windows® Vista, Windows XP/2000 and Mac OS® X v10.3.9 to v10.5.x7. Compatible with Microsoft Internet Explorer 7 in Windows Vista or XP (not included on installation CD)|
|Image Preview Display||1.8″ LCD|
|Software||Included: Setup Software & User’s Guide CD-ROM, MP490 Printer Driver, Easy-Photo Print EX, MP Navigator EX, Solution Menu, EasyWeb-Print (Windows only)|
|Power Requirements||110VAC 50/60Hz|
|Dimensions (WxDxH)||17.5 x 13.1 x 6.1″ (444.5 x 332.74 x 154.94mm)|
|Weight||13 lb (5.85 kg)|
Canon PIXMA MX490 Driver & Software Installations
Method 1: How To Install The Canon PIXMA MX490 Driver With Free Download
In this case, we are going to install Canon PIXMA MX490 without CD (Automatic Wizard)
What you need:
- You are required to have a driver setup or the software file of Canon PIXMA MX490. For the file of the driver setup, you simply click the link below for the download.
- You also obliged to have the USB cable as the connector from the printer to the computer that you will get from the printer package.
Next, follow the instruction on how to install Canon PIXMA MX490 printer with the Setup File.
- First, of course you need to turn on the computer as well as the Canon PIXMA MX490 as well.
- Still try not to connect the Canon PIXMA MX490 printer USB cable first before it is suggested.
- Download the driver setup of Canon PIXMA MX490 and install it in your computer by following all of the instruction for the installation progress.
- Then connect the USB cable of Canon PIXMA MX490 when the installation of the driver setup is already finished. In this case, the wizard will analyze when the USB cable has already connected. When the USB cable of Canon PIXMA MX490 already detected in the computer, it will go to further instructions.
- Follow the wizard instructions to finish the installation process.
- When it is finished, the Canon PIXMA MX490 printer can be used for the printing process.
Method 2: How To Install Canon PIXMA MX490 Drivers Manually
When you choose this method, you need the help of “Add a printer” option from the Windows inbuilt feature.
What you need:
- You are obliged to have the Software/Driver Setup file of Canon PIXMA MX490. You can try to download it from the links provided.
- You also require the USB cable of Canon PIXMA MX490 printer.
How to install:
- The first step, turn on all of your devices in this case are the computer and the Canon PIXMA MX490 printer.
- Connect the USB cable of Canon PIXMA MX490 from the printer to the computer.
- Next, extract Canon PIXMA MX490 setup file and also their extracted location (it will be commonly found in TEMP folder)
- Click Start à Control Panel à View Devices & Printer (for Windows 7 and Vista OS). For XP OS, you can click on “Fax & Printers.
- Click on “Add a printer.”
- When it has been ready and adjusted for the drivers location, give it the path where you extracted the setup file.
- Follow all of the wizard instructions to finish the installation.
- When you have done, you can use the Canon PIXMA MX490 printer is ready to be used in your computer.
Method 3: Canon PIXMA MX490 Driver Free Download Installations
How to install Canon PIXMA MX490 Printer with software CD (Automatic Wizard)
What you need:
- You require CD/DVD drive installed on your personal computer.
- A Software/Driver CD Disk of Canon PIXMA MX490 that included with the printer package is needed.
- USB Cable as the connector of the printer and computer that included in the printer package.
Follow these instructions for the further installation process of Canon PIXMA MX490 printer with CD Drive.
- First of all, do not forget to turn on your computer and also the Canon PIXMA MX490 printer.
- Do not plug in the USB cable of Canon PIXMA MX490 printer until needed.
- Insert Canon PIXMA MX490 CD disk to the CD/DVD drive on your personal computer and follow the setup wizard from the CD. Follow all of the instructions for the installation.
- Connect the USB Cable of Canon PIXMA MX490 printer to the computer when the setup wizard asks you to plug in the USB Cable.
- Wait until the USB cable Canon PIXMA MX490 is detected and follow the wizard instructions for the further process of the installation.
- When it is done, you will find out the Canon PIXMA MX490 printer is ready to use.
|MX490 series Full Driver & Software Package (OS X 10.11/10.10/10.9/10.8/Mac OS X 10.7)||1.3||16 MB||Download|
|MX490 series Full Driver & Software Package (Windows 10/10 x64/8.1/8.1 x64/8/8 x64/7/7 x64/Vista/Vista64/XP)||1.1||50 MB||Download|
|MX490 series MP Drivers (Windows 10/10 x64/8.1/8.1 x64/8/8 x64/7/7 x64/Vista/Vista64)||1.02||32 MB||Download|
|MX490 series CUPS Printer Driver (OS X 10.11/10.10/10.9/10.8/Mac OS X 10.7)||126.96.36.199||16 MB||Download|
|MX490 series XPS Printer Driver (Windows 10/10 x64/8.1/8.1 x64/8/8 x64/7/7 x64/Vista/Vista64)||5.85||18 MB||Download|
|ICA Driver (OS X 10.11/10.10/10.9/10.8/Mac OS X 10.7)||4.1.3||1.7 MB||Download|
|IJ Printer Driver for Linux (debian Packagearchive)||5.10||515 KB||Download|
|IJ Printer Driver for Linux (rpm Packagearchive)||5.10||269 KB||Download|
|IJ Printer Driver for Linux (Source file)||5.10||395 KB||Download|
|ScanGear MP for Linux (debian Packagearchive)||3.10||236 KB||Download|
|ScanGear MP for Linux (rpm Packagearchive)||3.10||213 KB||Download|
|ScanGear MP for Linux (Source file)||3.10||204 KB||Download|
|Easy-PhotoPrint EX (Windows 10/10 x64/8.1/8.1 x64/8/8 x64/7/7 x64/Vista/Vista64/XP)||4.7.0||58 MB||Download|
|Easy-PhotoPrint EX (OS X 10.11/10.10/10.9/10.8/Mac OS X 10.7)||4.7.0||102 MB||Download|
|My Image Garden (OS X 10.11/10.10/10.9/10.8)||3.5.0||300 MB||Download|
|My Image Garden (Windows 10/10 x64/8.1/8.1 x64/8/8 x64/7/7 x64/Vista/Vista64/XP)||3.5.0||294 MB||Download|
|My Image Garden (OS X v10.7)||3.2.0||299 MB||Download|
|My Image Garden (Windows XP)||3.3.0||293 MB||Download|
|IJ Scan Utility (OS X 10.11/10.10/10.9/10.8/Mac OS X 10.7)||2.1.6||21 MB||Download|
|Canon IJ Network Tool (OS X 10.11/10.10/10.9/10.8/Mac OS X 10.7)||4.6.1||5.6 MB||Download|
|Easy-PhotoPrint EX (OS X 10.11/10.10/10.9/10.8/Mac OS X 10.7)||4.6.0||102 MB||Download|
|Quick Menu (Windows 10/10 x64/8.1/8.1 x64/8/8 x64/7/7 x64/Vista/Vista64/XP)||2.6.1||9.2 MB||Download|
|My Printer (Windows 10/10 x64/8.1/8.1 x64/8/8 x64/7/7 x64/Vista/Vista64/XP)||3.3.0||5.6 MB||Download|
|Easy-WebPrint EX (Windows 10/10 x64/8.1/8.1 x64/8/8 x64/7/7 x64/Vista/Vista64/XP)||1.6.0||15 MB||Download|
|Easy-PhotoPrint EX (Windows 10/10 x64/8.1/8.1 x64/8/8 x64/7/7 x64/Vista/Vista64/XP)||4.5.0||58 MB||Download|
|Quick Menu (OS X 10.11/10.10/10.9/10.8/Mac OS X 10.7)||2.6.1||2.2 MB||Download|
|Speed Dial Utility (OS X 10.11/10.10/10.9/10.8/Mac OS X 10.7)||1.6.0||879 KB||Download|
|Speed Dial Utility (Windows 10/10 x64/8.1/8.1 x64/8/8 x64/7/7 x64/Vista/Vista64/XP)||1.6.0||4.8 MB||Download|
|MX490 series (PDF) User Manual (Windows)||1.0||15 MB||Download|
|MX490 series (PDF) User Manual (Mac)||1.0||11 MB||Download|
|MX490 series Getting Started Guide (software installation part)||V1||3.4 MB||Download|
|MX490 series Getting Started Guide (device setup part)||V1||1.6 MB||Download|
|MX490 series Getting Started Guide (device setup part)||V1||1.6 MB||Download|
|Guide for Quick Menu (Mac)||V2.6||1.1 MB||Download|
|Guide for Quick Menu (Windows)||V2.6||1.1 MB||Download|
|Guide for My Image Garden (Windows)||V3.2||11 MB||Download|
|Guide for My Image Garden (Mac)||V3.2||11 MB||Download|
|ScanGear MP for Linux (Operation guide)||3.10||85 KB||Download|
|IJ Printer Driver for Linux (Operation guide)||5.10||72 KB||Download|
Canon PIXMA MX490 Driver and Software Free Download For Windows, Mac Os & Linux
You do not have to go into another website ever since you will get the driver of Canon PIXMA MX490. Canon Printer Support provides a download link for the driver & software canon series directly from the Canon official site. Just click on the download web link available below and follow the manual instruction or download user guide below to complete the installation process.