Wanted to have an efficient printer? Try this Canon PIXMA MX456. The printer comes with minimum ink droplets 2pl, so it will not be replaced often. Still, it gives the high-quality resolution of 4800 x 1200 dpi. Using the four colors FINE ink (cyan, magenta, yellow, and black), this printer will give you outstanding result. Photo printing will be as magnificent as those in the photo lab, and the mono document will have strong and crisp black color.
Canon PIXMA MX 456 offers you its optimum speed. To print one mono document you only need 9.7 ipm. For color document you need 5.5 ipm. To print a borderless photo it needs 46 seconds. The printer is also multifunction, which means you can use it not only as a printer but also as a scanner, copier, and fax machine.
Like Canon PIXMA MX392, the copy function has a maximum number of copy in one cycle that is 99 pages. The scanning function gives you 1200 x 2400 dpi optical resolutions, so you will have good output on this. You can have the feature of AirPrint, wireless connectivity, and Easy-Photo Print to enable you printing from your smartphone and gadget. Easy-Web Print in Canon PIXMA MX 456 is the feature for printing web pages, and My Image Garden will help you to edit your photo before it printed.
Canon PIXMA MX456 Operating System Compatibility
Windows 10 / Windows 10 (x64) / Windows 8.1 / Windows 8.1 (x64) / Windows 8 / Windows 8 (x64) / Windows 7 / Windows 7 (x64) / Windows Vista / Windows Vista (x64) / Windows XP / Windows 2000 / Windows Me / Macintosh / Mac OS X (10.4/10.5/10.6/10.7/10.8/10.9/10.10/10.11) / Linux
Canon PIXMA MX456 Specification
Min. Ink Droplet Size
2pl/5pl (C/M), 3pl/5pl(Y), 11pl (PgBK)
4800 x 1200 (horizontal x vertical) dpi Total 1,792 nozzles (PgBK: 640 nozzles C/M/Y: each 384 nozzles)
B&W A4: Approx. 9.7ipm
Colour A4: Approx. 5.5ipm,
6″x4″ Borderless: Approx. 46secs
PG-640 and CL-641 (optional PG-640XL, CL-641XL and PG-640XXL high capacity cartridges)
Borderless 6”x4” photo PG-640 (approx. 2465), CL-641 (approx. 69) or PG-640XL (approx. 5235), CL-641XL (approx. 150) or PG-640XXL (approx. 7560)
Plain paper A4 PG-640 (approx. 180), CL-641 (approx. 180) or PG-640XL(approx. 400), CL-641XL (approx. 400) or PG-640XXL (approx. 600)
Top/Bottom/Right/Left margin: each 0 mm (Supported Paper Size: A4, LTR, 4″x6″ ,5″x7″ ,8″x10″)
Plain Paper Capacity
Supported Paper Sizes
A4, A5, B5, LTR, LGL, 4″x6″, 5″x7″, 8″x10″, Envelopes(DL, COM10)
Supported Paper Weights
Plain Paper: 64-105 g/m2 , Canon specialty paper: max paper weight : approx. 300g/m2 (Photo Paper Pro Platinum PT-101)
Supported Paper Types
High Resolution Paper (HR-101N)
Photo Paper Pro Platinum (PT-101)
Photo Paper Plus Glossy II (PP-201)
Photo Paper Plus Semi-gloss (SG-201)
Photo Paper Pro Luster (LU-101)
Glossy Photo Paper “Everyday Use” (GP-501)
Matte Photo Paper(MP-101)
T-shirt Transfers (TR301)
Glossy Photo Stickers (PS101)
Envelopes (DL, Com10)
Camera /Mobile Printing
Apple AirPrint enabled, wireless photo and document printing and scanning from iPhone, iPad and Android devices with free Canon Easy-PhotoPrint App
Colour document (FCOT): Approx 21 sec; Colour document (ADF): 3.1ipm
Up to 99 pages
Maximum Document Size
A4, LTR (216×297mm)(ADF: A4, LTR, LGL)
25 to 400%
Special Copy Functions
Flatbed & ADF
1200 x 2400 optical dpi
A4 Colour: Approx. 15 secs
Special Scanning Functions
Scan to Memory function, Push Scan, create PDFs with password protection
Transmission Speed (Mono)
Approx. 3 sec. (33.6kbps)
Max. 33.6kbps (Automatic fall back)
Approx. 50 pages
Max 19 locations
Wired LAN/Wireless LAN
IEEE802.11n: 150 Mbps, IEEE802.11g: 54 Mbps, IEEE802.11b: 11 Mbps
WEP64/128bit, WPA-PSK(TKIP/AES), WPA2-PSK(TKIP/AES)
Automatic Document Feeder
Paper Handling (Plain Paper): A4, LTR=30, LGL=5
Win: Windows XP SP3 (32-bit) / Vista SP1 / Vista SP2 / 7 / 7 SP1 / 8
Mac: OSX v10.6.8 or later
Included as Standard
PIXMA MX456 All-in-One printer, Setup CD-ROM and printed documents, PG-640 FINE black cartridge, CL-641 FINE colour cartridge, telephone line cable, power cord and Canon warranty card
Easy-PhotoPrint EX, MP Navigator EX, Easy WebPrint EX (IE7+ only), Canon Solution Menu, Adobe RGB, On Screen Manual and My Image Garden
AC 100-240V, 50/60Hz
Max: 18W (copying) 9, Standby: 1.1W
Min. Dimensions (W x D x H)
458 x 385 x 200 mm
Canon PIXMA MX456 Driver & Software Installations
Method 1: How To Install The Canon PIXMA MX456 Driver With Free Download
In this case, we are going to install Canon PIXMA MX456 without CD (Automatic Wizard)
What you need:
- You are required to have a driver setup or the software file of Canon PIXMA MX456. For the file of the driver setup, you simply click the link below for the download.
- You also obliged to have the USB cable as the connector from the printer to the computer that you will get from the printer package.
Next, follow the instruction on how to install Canon PIXMA MX456 printer with the Setup File.
- First, of course you need to turn on the computer as well as the Canon PIXMA MX456 as well.
- Still try not to connect the Canon PIXMA MX456 printer USB cable first before it is suggested.
- Download the driver setup of Canon PIXMA MX456 and install it in your computer by following all of the instruction for the installation progress.
- Then connect the USB cable of Canon PIXMA MX456 when the installation of the driver setup is already finished. In this case, the wizard will analyze when the USB cable has already connected. When the USB cable of Canon PIXMA MX456 already detected in the computer, it will go to further instructions.
- Follow the wizard instructions to finish the installation process.
- When it is finished, the Canon PIXMA MX456 printer can be used for the printing process.
Method 2: How To Install Canon PIXMA MX456 Drivers Manually
When you choose this method, you need the help of “Add a printer” option from the Windows inbuilt feature.
What you need:
- You are obliged to have the Software/Driver Setup file of Canon PIXMA MX456. You can try to download it from the links provided.
- You also require the USB cable of Canon PIXMA MX456 printer.
How to install:
- The first step, turn on all of your devices in this case are the computer and the Canon PIXMA MX456 printer.
- Connect the USB cable of Canon PIXMA MX456 from the printer to the computer.
- Next, extract Canon PIXMA MX456 setup file and also their extracted location (it will be commonly found in TEMP folder)
- Click Start à Control Panel à View Devices & Printer (for Windows 7 and Vista OS). For XP OS, you can click on “Fax & Printers.
- Click on “Add a printer.”
- When it has been ready and adjusted for the drivers location, give it the path where you extracted the setup file.
- Follow all of the wizard instructions to finish the installation.
- When you have done, you can use the Canon PIXMA MX456 printer is ready to be used in your computer.
Method 3: Canon PIXMA MX456 Driver Free Download Installations
How to install Canon PIXMA MX456 Printer with software CD (Automatic Wizard)
What you need:
- You require CD/DVD drive installed on your personal computer.
- A Software/Driver CD Disk of Canon PIXMA MX456 that included with the printer package is needed.
- USB Cable as the connector of the printer and computer that included in the printer package.
Follow these instructions for the further installation process of Canon PIXMA MX456 printer with CD Drive.
- First of all, do not forget to turn on your computer and also the Canon PIXMA MX456 printer.
- Do not plug in the USB cable of Canon PIXMA MX456 printer until needed.
- Insert Canon PIXMA MX456 CD disk to the CD/DVD drive on your personal computer and follow the setup wizard from the CD. Follow all of the instructions for the installation.
- Connect the USB Cable of Canon PIXMA MX456 printer to the computer when the setup wizard asks you to plug in the USB Cable.
- Wait until the USB cable Canon PIXMA MX456 is detected and follow the wizard instructions for the further process of the installation.
- When it is done, you will find out the Canon PIXMA MX456 printer is ready to use.
|MX456 series Mini Master Setup (Windows 8.1/8.1 x64/8/8 x64/7/7 x64/Vista/Vista64/XP)||1.0||43 MB||Download|
|MX456 series MP Drivers (Windows 10/10 x64/8.1/8.1 x64/8/8 x64/7/7 x64/Vista/Vista64/XP)||1.01||37 MB||Download|
|MX456 series XPS Printer Driver (Windows 10/10 x64/8.1/8.1 x64/8/8 x64/7/7 x64/Vista/Vista64/XP)||5.65||25 MB||Download|
|MX456 series CUPS Printer Driver (OS X 10.11/10.10/10.9/10.8/10.7)||220.127.116.11||15 MB||Download|
|MX456 series Mini Master Setup (OS X 10.6/10.7/10.8)||1.0||52 MB||Download|
|ICA Driver (OS X 10.6)||3.3.4||3.5 MB||Download|
|MX456 series CUPS Printer Driver (OS X 10.6)||18.104.22.168||16 MB||Download|
|MX456 series Scanner Driver (OS X 10.11/10.10/10.9/10.8/10.7/10.6)||19.1.0a||27 MB||Download|
|ScanGear MP for Linux (Source file)||2.10||3.5 MB||Download|
|IJ Printer Driver for Linux (Source file)||3.90||6.5 MB||Download|
|MX456 series IJ Printer Driver for Linux (debian Packagearchive)||3.90||3 MB||Download|
|MX456 series IJ Printer Driver for Linux (rpm Packagearchive)||3.90||3 MB||Download|
|MX456 series ScanGear MP for Linux (debian Packagearchive)||2.10||1.3 MB||Download|
|MX456 series ScanGear MP for Linux (rpm Packagearchive)||2.10||1.3 MB||Download|
|ICA Driver (OS X 10.11/10.10/10.9/10.8/ 10.7)||4.0.0||2.4 MB||Download|
|Easy-PhotoPrint EX (Windows 10/10 x64/8.1/8.1 x64/8/8 x64/7/7 x64/Vista/Vista64/XP)||4.7.0||58 MB||Download|
|Easy-PhotoPrint EX (OS X 10.11/10.10/10.9/10.8/ 10.7)||4.7.0||102 MB||Download|
|My Image Garden (OS X 10.11/10.10/10.9/10.8)||3.5.0||300 MB||Download|
|My Image Garden (Windows 10/10 x64/8.1/8.1 x64/8/8 x64/7/7 x64/Vista/Vista64/XP)||3.5.0||294 MB||Download|
|My Image Garden (OS X v10.7)||3.2.0||299 MB||Download|
|My Image Garden (Windows XP)||3.3.0||293 MB||Download|
|Quick Menu (OS X 10.11/10.10/10.9/10.8/10.7)||2.6.1||2.2 MB||Download|
|Canon IJ Network Tool (OS X 10.11/10.10/10.9/10.8/10.7)||4.6.1||5.6 MB||Download|
|Easy-PhotoPrint EX (OS X 10.11/10.10/10.9/10.8/10.7)||4.6.0||102 MB||Download|
|Quick Menu (Windows 10/10 x64/8.1/8.1 x64/8/8 x64/7/7 x64/Vista/Vista64/XP)||2.6.1||9.2 MB||Download|
|My Printer (Windows 10/10 x64/8.1/8.1 x64/8/8 x64/7/7 x64/Vista/Vista64/XP)||3.3.0||5.6 MB||Download|
|Easy-WebPrint EX (Windows 10/10 x64/8.1/8.1 x64/8/8 x64/7/7 x64/Vista/Vista64/XP)||1.6.0||15 MB||Download|
|Easy-PhotoPrint EX (Windows 10/10 x64/8.1/8.1 x64/8/8 x64/7/7 x64/Vista/Vista64/XP)||4.5.0||58 MB||Download|
|Speed Dial Utility (OS X 10.11/10.10/10.9/10.8/10.7/10.6)||1.6.0||879 KB||Download|
|Speed Dial Utility (Windows 10/10 x64/8.1/8.1 x64/8/8 x64/7/7 x64/Vista/Vista64/XP)||1.6.0||4.8 MB||Download|
|My Image Garden (OS X 10.6)||3.1.0||298 MB||Download|
|Quick Menu (OS X 10.6)||2.5.0||2.4 MB||Download|
|Canon IJ Network Tool for Intel Mac (OS X 10.5/10.6)||4.4.1||5.3 MB||Download|
|Easy-PhotoPrint EX (OS X 10.4/10.5/10.6)||4.1.6||102 MB||Download|
|Setup Manual For Mac||CA.1.00||2.5 MB||Download|
|Setup Manual For Windows||CA.1.00||3.3 MB||Download|
|MX456 series User Manual (Mac)||1.0||9.7 MB||Download|
|Troubleshooting Manual For Mac||CA.1.00||1.1 MB||Download|
|Troubleshooting Manual For Windows||CA.1.00||1.2 MB||Download|
|Printing and Copying Manual For Mac||CA.1.00||1.5 MB||Download|
|Printing and Copying Manual For Windows||CA.1.00||2.4 MB||Download|
|Scanning Manual For Mac||CA.1.00||4.2 MB||Download|
|Scanning Manual For Windows||CA.1.00||3.2 MB||Download|
|Fax Manual For Mac||CA.1.00||980 KB||Download|
|MX456 series (PDF) User Manual (Windows)||1.1||11 MB||Download|
|Fax Manual For Windows||CA.1.00||1 MB||Download|
|Guide for Quick Menu (Mac)||V2.6||1.1 MB||Download|
|Guide for Quick Menu (Windows)||V2.6||1.1 MB||Download|
|Guide for My Image Garden (Mac)||V3.2||11 MB||Download|
|Guide for My Image Garden (Windows)||V3.2||11 MB||Download|
|MX456 series Getting Started Guide||V1||3.1 MB||Download|
|Setup Guide for Fax Reception||V1||1.4 MB||Download|
|ScanGear MP for Linux (Operation guide)||2.10||469 KB||Download|
|IJ Printer Driver for Linux (Operation guide)||3.90||74 KB||Download|
|MX456 series Setup Guide||V1||213 KB||Download|
Canon PIXMA MX456 Driver and Software Free Download For Windows, Mac Os & Linux
You do not have to go into another website ever since you will get the driver of Canon PIXMA MX456. canoncopierdrivers.com provides a download link for the driver & software canon series directly from the Canon official site. Just click on the download web link available below and follow the manual instruction or download user guide below to complete the installation process.