The Canon PIXMA MX420 is a kind of great printing device that you better select rather than any printers you can find on the market. It is because this printer can make your performance at work become more efficient and productive because of its various functions and notable performance. Therefore, it is no wonder if you will find wonderful conveniences every time you produce your files using this printer.
Like Canon PIXMA MG6320, the Canon PIXMA MX420 has been also complemented with the fabulous features that can make everything become so much easier for you to do, which can be like the wireless printing apps (PictBridge), CompactFlash, Wi-Fi Connection, 30 pages Automatic Document Feeder (ADF), and so on. The combination of all of those features will definitely boost the abilities of the printer, so that you can increase the quality of your work in the best way possible.
Aside of that, the Canon PIXMA MX420 can also offer you the sophisticated design that you can see from its nice and easy to understand control panel. There is a 62mm LCD display that is surrounded with numerous buttons that you can use when you want to apply the particular functions of the printer well, such as the navigation keys, the numeric keypads, the visible power and copy buttons, and so on.
Canon PIXMA MX420 Operating System Compatibility
Windows 10 / Windows 10 (x64) / Windows 8.1 / Windows 8.1 (x64) / Windows 8 / Windows 8 (x64) / Windows 7 / Windows 7 (x64) / Windows Vista / Windows Vista (x64) / Windows XP / Windows 2000 / Windows Me / Macintosh / Mac OS X (10.4/10.5/10.6/10.7/10.8/10.9/10.10/10.11) / Linux
Canon PIXMA MX420 Specification
|Print Speed (up to)||4″ x 6″ Borderless Photo: Approx. 42 seconds|
|Print Speed (Approx)||Black: ESAT: 8.7 ipm|
Color: ESAT: 5.0 ipm
|Number of Nozzles||Black: 320|
|Picoliter Size (color)||2 and 5|
|Print Resolution (Up to)||Color: Up to 4800 x 1200 dpi|
Black: Up to 600 x 600 dpi
|Paper Sizes||4″ x 6″, 5″ x 7″, 8″ x 10″, Letter, Legal, U.S. #10 Envelopes|
|Automatic Sheet Feeder||100 Sheets|
|Paper Compatibility||Plain: Plain Paper, Canon High Resolution Paper;|
Super High Gloss: Photo Paper Pro Platinum;
Glossy: Photo Paper Plus Glossy II, Photo Paper Glossy;
Semi-Gloss: Photo Paper Plus Semi-Gloss;
Matte: Canon Matte Photo Paper;
Envelope: U.S. #10 Envelope
|Printer Features||Auto Document Feeder, Auto Photo Fix II, Auto Sheet Feeder, Borderless Printing, Document Printing, Full HD Movie Print, Photo Printing, Template Print|
|Copy Speed (up to)||ESAT: Color: 3.4 ipm|
|Reduction / Enlargement||25% – 400%|
|Copy Features||4-in-1/2-in-1, Copy AE (Auto Exposure/Inensity) Auto Document Fix, Copy, Borderless, Gutter Shadow Correction Copy, Image Repeat, Intensity, Multiple Copy: 1-99 pages, Preset Copy Ratios, Sort (ADF), Zoom|
|Scanning Element||Contact Image Sensor (CIS)|
|Max. Resolutions||Optical: 1200×2400 dpi|
Interpolated: 19,200×19,200 dpi
ADF: 600×600 dpi (Optical)
|Scanner Features||Auto Scan Mode, Network Scan, Push Scan, Scan to Memory|
|Color Depth||48-bit internal/24-bit external|
|Max. Document Size||Flatbed: 8×5″x11.7″|
|Modem Speed||33.6 Kbps (Super G3 color FAX)|
|Transmission Speed (approx.)||Black: Approx. 3 sec per page|
Color: Approx. 1 min per page
|Memory Capacity||Approx. 50 Pages|
|Speed Dialing||20 Locations|
|Fax Features||Answering Machine Connectivity, Caller Rejection, Check RX Fax Info., Fax Reception Reject, Fax Number Re-Entry, F/T Changing(manual), Group Dialing, Memory Transmission, Redial, Remote Reception|
|Media Card Support||SD™ Memory Card,|
MultiMediaCard® Plus (v4.1)
Memory Stick PRO™
Memory Stick Duo™
Memory Stick PRO Duo™
Memory Stick Micro
xD-Picture Card® (Type M)
xD-Picture Card® (Type H)
|Other Features||Wireless Printing, 2.5″ LCD, Dual Color Gamut Processing Technology, Ethernet, Full HD Movie Print, Fully-Integrated Auto Document Feeder, PictBridge, Quick Start|
|Standard Interface||Wireless LAN (IEEE 802.11b/g/n)|
USB 2.0 Hi-Speed
Card Slots (See Memory Card Support)
PictBridge (Cable not included)
Bluetooth® v2.0 (Optional)
|Software Included||Setup Software & User’s Guide CD-ROM|
MX420 Printer Driver
MP Navigator EX
|Dimension (W x D x H)||16.4″ (W) x 18.1″ (D) x 7.8″ (H)|
Canon PIXMA MX420 Driver & Software Installations
Method 1: How To Install The Canon PIXMA MX420 Driver With Free Download
In this case, we are going to install Canon PIXMA MX420 without CD (Automatic Wizard)
What you need:
- You are required to have a driver setup or the software file of Canon PIXMA MX420. For the file of the driver setup, you simply click the link below for the download.
- You also obliged to have the USB cable as the connector from the printer to the computer that you will get from the printer package.
Next, follow the instruction on how to install Canon PIXMA MX420 printer with the Setup File.
- First, of course you need to turn on the computer as well as the Canon PIXMA MX420 as well.
- Still try not to connect the Canon PIXMA MX420 printer USB cable first before it is suggested.
- Download the driver setup of Canon PIXMA MX420 and install it in your computer by following all of the instruction for the installation progress.
- Then connect the USB cable of Canon PIXMA MX420 when the installation of the driver setup is already finished. In this case, the wizard will analyze when the USB cable has already connected. When the USB cable of Canon PIXMA MX420 already detected in the computer, it will go to further instructions.
- Follow the wizard instructions to finish the installation process.
- When it is finished, the Canon PIXMA MX420 printer can be used for the printing process.
Method 2: How To Install Canon PIXMA MX420 Drivers Manually
When you choose this method, you need the help of “Add a printer” option from the Windows inbuilt feature.
What you need:
- You are obliged to have the Software/Driver Setup file of Canon PIXMA MX420. You can try to download it from the links provided.
- You also require the USB cable of Canon PIXMA MX420 printer.
How to install:
- The first step, turn on all of your devices in this case are the computer and the Canon PIXMA MX420 printer.
- Connect the USB cable of Canon PIXMA MX420 from the printer to the computer.
- Next, extract Canon PIXMA MX420 setup file and also their extracted location (it will be commonly found in TEMP folder)
- Click Start à Control Panel à View Devices & Printer (for Windows 7 and Vista OS). For XP OS, you can click on “Fax & Printers.
- Click on “Add a printer.”
- When it has been ready and adjusted for the drivers location, give it the path where you extracted the setup file.
- Follow all of the wizard instructions to finish the installation.
- When you have done, you can use the Canon PIXMA MX420 printer is ready to be used in your computer.
Method 3: Canon PIXMA MX420 Driver Free Download Installations
How to install Canon PIXMA MX420 Printer with software CD (Automatic Wizard)
What you need:
- You require CD/DVD drive installed on your personal computer.
- A Software/Driver CD Disk of Canon PIXMA MX420 that included with the printer package is needed.
- USB Cable as the connector of the printer and computer that included in the printer package.
Follow these instructions for the further installation process of Canon PIXMA MX420 printer with CD Drive.
- First of all, do not forget to turn on your computer and also the Canon PIXMA MX420 printer.
- Do not plug in the USB cable of Canon PIXMA MX420 printer until needed.
- Insert Canon PIXMA MX420 CD disk to the CD/DVD drive on your personal computer and follow the setup wizard from the CD. Follow all of the instructions for the installation.
- Connect the USB Cable of Canon PIXMA MX420 printer to the computer when the setup wizard asks you to plug in the USB Cable.
- Wait until the USB cable Canon PIXMA MX420 is detected and follow the wizard instructions for the further process of the installation.
- When it is done, you will find out the Canon PIXMA MX420 printer is ready to use.
|MX420 series Mini Master Setup (OS X 10.6/10.7/10.8)||1.1||38 MB||Download|
|MX420 series CUPS Printer Driver (OS X 10.7/10.8/10.9/10.10/10.11)||188.8.131.52||15 MB||Download|
|MX420 series CUPS Printer Driver (OS X 10.5/10.6)||184.108.40.206||17 MB||Download|
|ICA Driver (OS X 10.6)||3.3.4||8.6 MB||Download|
|MX420 series MP Driver (Windows 10/10 x64/8.1/8.1 x64/8/8 x64/7/7 x64/Vista/Vista64)||1.02||31 MB||Download|
|MX420 series MP Driver (Windows XP x64)||1.01||18 MB||Download|
|Printer Driver for Mac OS X||7.34.0||6.3 MB||Download|
|MX420 series Scanner Driver (OS X 10.5/10.6/10.7/10.8/10.9/10.10/10.11)||17.7.1b||14 MB||Download|
|MX420 series XPS Printer Driver (Windows 10/10 x64/8.1/8.1 x64/8/8 x64/7/7 x64/Vista/Vista64)||5.56||22 MB||Download|
|Linux IJ printer driver source file||3.50||5.9 MB||Download|
|Linux IJ Printer Driver||3.50||6.9 MB||Download|
|Linux IJ scanner driver source file||1.70||2.3 MB||Download|
|Linux IJ Scanner Driver||1.70||3 MB||Download|
|ICA Driver (OS X 10.7 / 10.8 / 10.9 / 10.10 / 10.11)||4.0.0||7.1 MB||Download|
|My Printer (Windows 10/10 x64/8.1/8.1 x64/8/8 x64/7/7 x64/Vista/Vista64/XP)||3.3.0||5.6 MB||Download|
|Easy-WebPrint EX (Windows 10/10 x64/8.1/8.1 x64/8/8 x64/7/7 x64/Vista/Vista64/XP)||1.6.0||15 MB||Download|
|Easy-PhotoPrint EX (Windows 10/10 x64/8.1/8.1 x64/8/8 x64/7/7 x64/Vista/Vista64/XP)||4.5.0||58 MB||Download|
|Quick Menu (OS X 10.7 / 10.8 / 10.9 / 10.10 / 10.11)||2.6.1||2.2 MB||Download|
|My Image Garden (OS X 10.7 / 10.8 / 10.9 / 10.10 / 10.11)||3.2.0||299 MB||Download|
|My Image Garden (Windows 10/10 x64/8.1/8.1 x64/8/8 x64/7/7 x64/Vista/Vista64/XP)||3.3.0||293 MB||Download|
|Canon IJ Network Tool (OS X 10.7 / 10.8 / 10.9 / 10.10 / 10.11)||4.6.1||5.6 MB||Download|
|Easy-PhotoPrint EX (OS X 10.7 / 10.8 / 10.9 / 10.10 / 10.11)||4.6.0||102 MB||Download|
|Quick Menu (Windows 10/10 x64/8.1/8.1 x64/8/8 x64/7/7 x64/Vista/Vista64/XP)||2.6.1||9.2 MB||Download|
|Speed Dial Utility (OS X 10.7 / 10.8 / 10.9 / 10.10 / 10.11)||1.6.0||879 KB||Download|
|MP Navigator EX (OS X 10.7 / 10.8 / 10.9 / 10.10 / 10.11)||4.1.4||34 MB||Download|
|MP Navigator EX (Windows 10/10 x64/8.1/8.1 x64/8/8 x64/7/7 x64/Vista/Vista64/XP)||4.1.4||48 MB||Download|
|Speed Dial Utility (Windows 10/10 x64/8.1/8.1 x64/8/8 x64/7/7 x64/Vista/Vista64/XP)||1.6.0||4.8 MB||Download|
|Easy-WebPrint EX (Windows XP x64)||1.6.0||15 MB||Download|
|My Image Garden (OS X 10.6)||3.1.0||298 MB||Download|
|Quick Menu (OS X 10.6)||2.5.0||2.4 MB||Download|
|Solution Menu EX (Windows XP x64)||1.4.1||9.6 MB||Download|
|Canon IJ Network Tool for Intel Mac (OS X 10.5/10.6)||4.4.1||5.3 MB||Download|
|Solution Menu EX (OS X 10.4/10.5/10.6/10.7/10.8/10.9/10.10)||1.4.1||4.9 MB||Download|
|Easy-PhotoPrint EX (OS X 10.4/10.5/10.6)||4.1.6||102 MB||Download|
|MP Navigator EX (OS X 10.4/10.5/10.6)||4.1.3||34 MB||Download|
|Solution Menu EX (Windows 8.1/8.1 x64/8/8 x64/7/7 x64/Vista/Vista64/XP)||1.4.1||9.6 MB||Download|
|Windows Adobe RGB 1998 Installer Program (Windows 8.1/8.1 x64/8/8 x64/7/7 x64/Vista/Vista64/XP/2000/Me)||1.4.1||329 KB||Download|
|Quick Menu (OS X 10.5)||2.0.1||5.8 MB||Download|
|My Image Garden (OS X 10.5)||1.0.0||289 MB||Download|
|Speed Dial Utility (Windows 2000)||1.2.0||3 MB||Download|
|Speed Dial Utility (OS X 10.4/10.5)||1.2.0||1.1 MB||Download|
|Canon IJ Network Tool for Power PC (OS X 10.4/10.5)||3.2.0||4.8 MB||Download|
|Speed Dial Utility (Windows XP x64)||1.2.0||3 MB||Download|
|MP Navigator EX (Windows XP x64)||4.1.3||46 MB||Download|
|MX420 series User Manual (Windows)||1.20||16 MB||Download|
|MX420 series User Manual (OS X 10.4/10.5)||1.10||34 MB||Download|
|MX420 series User Manual (Mac)||1.11||34 MB||Download|
|Guide for Quick Menu (Windows)||V2.6||1.1 MB||Download|
|Guide for Quick Menu (Mac)||V2.6||1.1 MB||Download|
|Guide for My Image Garden (Windows)||V3.2||11 MB||Download|
|Guide for My Image Garden (Mac)||V3.2||11 MB||Download|
Canon PIXMA MX420 Driver and Software Free Download For Windows, Mac Os & Linux
You do not have to go into another website ever since you will get the driver of Canon PIXMA MX420. Canon Printer Support provides a download link for the drivers canon series directly from the Canon official site. Just click on the download web link available below and follow the manual instruction or download user guide below to complete the installation process.