The Canon PIXMA MX396 has been one of the most popular all in one printing devices among the people in the recent time. This particular printer will be able to offer you great performance that can make your printing job done as well as possible. So then, it is actually no wonder if you can print both of your document and image with ease.
Then, one of the best facts about the Canon PIXMA MX396 is that you can even increase its performance become more fabulous by complementing it using the best suitable Operating System. Well, there are actually some Operating Systems that you better choose for the printer, which can be like Mac OS X 11, Mac OS X 10.5, Mac OS X 10.6, Mac OS X 10.7, and so on. Basically, all of those Operating Systems will support the device in order to make it work the best for you optimally.
Furthermore, in case you want to get one of the Operating Systems for the Canon PIXMA MX396, it is so much important for you to make sure that you get the original version of it. So then, you will find that the printer can run as you always require and expect.
Canon PIXMA MX396 Operating System Compatibility
Windows 10 / Windows 10 (x64) / Windows 8.1 / Windows 8.1 (x64) / Windows 8 / Windows 8 (x64) / Windows 7 / Windows 7 (x64) / Windows Vista / Windows Vista (x64) / Windows XP / Macintosh / Mac OS X (10.4/10.5/10.6/10.7/10.8/10.9/10.10/10.11) / Linux
- Printing Resolution: (horizontal x vertical) up to: “4800 x 1200” dpi Total “1,792” nozzles (PgBK: “640” nozzles C/M/Y: each “384” nozzles)
- Scan Resolution: (optical) up to: “1200 x 2400” dpi
- Ink Cartridges: CL-641 and PG-640 (optional CL-641XL, PG-640XL and PG-640XXL high capacity cartridges)
Canon PIXMA MX396 Driver & Software Installations
Method 1: How To Install The Canon PIXMA MX396 Driver With Free Download
In this case, we are going to install Canon PIXMA MX396 without CD (Automatic Wizard)
What you need:
- You are required to have a driver setup or the software file of Canon PIXMA MX396. For the file of the driver setup, you simply click the link below for the download.
- You also obliged to have the USB cable as the connector from the printer to the computer that you will get from the printer package.
Next, follow the instruction on how to install Canon PIXMA MX396 printer with the Setup File.
- First, of course you need to turn on the computer as well as the Canon PIXMA MX396 as well.
- Still try not to connect the Canon PIXMA MX396 printer USB cable first before it is suggested.
- Download the driver setup of Canon PIXMA MX396 and install it in your computer by following all of the instruction for the installation progress.
- Then connect the USB cable of Canon PIXMA MX396 when the installation of the driver setup is already finished. In this case, the wizard will analyze when the USB cable has already connected. When the USB cable of Canon PIXMA MX396 already detected in the computer, it will go to further instructions.
- Follow the wizard instructions to finish the installation process.
- When it is finished, the Canon PIXMA MX396 printer can be used for the printing process.
Method 2: How To Install Canon PIXMA MX396 Drivers Manually
When you choose this method, you need the help of “Add a printer” option from the Windows inbuilt feature.
What you need:
- You are obliged to have the Software/Driver Setup file of Canon PIXMA MX396. You can try to download it from the links provided.
- You also require the USB cable of Canon PIXMA MX396 printer.
How to install:
- The first step, turn on all of your devices in this case are the computer and the Canon PIXMA MX396 printer.
- Connect the USB cable of Canon PIXMA MX396 from the printer to the computer.
- Next, extract Canon PIXMA MX396 setup file and also their extracted location (it will be commonly found in TEMP folder)
- Click Start à Control Panel à View Devices & Printer (for Windows 7 and Vista OS). For XP OS, you can click on “Fax & Printers.
- Click on “Add a printer.”
- When it has been ready and adjusted for the drivers location, give it the path where you extracted the setup file.
- Follow all of the wizard instructions to finish the installation.
- When you have done, you can use the Canon PIXMA MX396 printer is ready to be used in your computer.
Method 3: Canon PIXMA MX396 Driver Free Download Installations
How to install Canon PIXMA MX396 Printer with software CD (Automatic Wizard)
What you need:
- You require CD/DVD drive installed on your personal computer.
- A Software/Driver CD Disk of Canon PIXMA MX396 that included with the printer package is needed.
- USB Cable as the connector of the printer and computer that included in the printer package.
Follow these instructions for the further installation process of Canon PIXMA MX396 printer with CD Drive.
- First of all, do not forget to turn on your computer and also the Canon PIXMA MX396 printer.
- Do not plug in the USB cable of Canon PIXMA MX396 printer until needed.
- Insert Canon PIXMA MX396 CD disk to the CD/DVD drive on your personal computer and follow the setup wizard from the CD. Follow all of the instructions for the installation.
- Connect the USB Cable of Canon PIXMA MX396 printer to the computer when the setup wizard asks you to plug in the USB Cable.
- Wait until the USB cable Canon PIXMA MX396 is detected and follow the wizard instructions for the further process of the installation.
- When it is done, you will find out the Canon PIXMA MX396 printer is ready to use.
|MX396 series CUPS Printer Driver (OS X 10.11 / 10.10 / 10.9 / 10.8 / X 10.7||188.8.131.52||15 MB||Download|
|ICA Driver (OS X 10.6)||3.3.4||3.5 MB||Download|
|MX396 series CUPS Printer Driver (OS X 10.6)||184.108.40.206||16 MB||Download|
|MX396 series Scanner Driver (OS X 10.11 / 10.10 / 10.9 / 10.8 / X 10.7||19.1.0a||25 MB||Download|
|MX396 series MP Drivers (Windows 10/10 x64/8.1/8.1 x64/8/8 x64/7/7 x64/Vista/Vista64/XP)||1.00||28 MB||Download|
|MX396 series XPS Printer Driver (Windows 10/10 x64/8.1/8.1 x64/8/8 x64/7/7 x64/Vista/Vista64/XP)||5.65||25 MB||Download|
|ScanGear MP for Linux (Source file)||2.10||3.5 MB||Download|
|IJ Printer Driver for Linux (Source file)||3.90||6.5 MB||Download|
|MX396 series IJ Printer Driver for Linux (debian Packagearchive)||3.90||3 MB||Download|
|MX396 series IJ Printer Driver for Linux (rpm Packagearchive)||3.90||3 MB||Download|
|MX396 series ScanGear MP for Linux (debian Packagearchive)||2.10||1.3 MB||Download|
|MX396 series ScanGear MP for Linux (rpm Packagearchive)||2.10||1.3 MB||Download|
|ICA Driver (OS X 10.11 / 10.10 / 10.9 / 10.8 / X 10.7||4.0.0||2.4 MB||Download|
|My Printer (Windows 10/10 x64/8.1/8.1 x64/8/8 x64/7/7 x64/Vista/Vista64/XP)||3.3.0||5.6 MB||Download|
|Easy-WebPrint EX (Windows 10/10 x64/8.1/8.1 x64/8/8 x64/7/7 x64/Vista/Vista64/XP)||1.6.0||15 MB||Download|
|Easy-PhotoPrint EX (Windows 10/10 x64/8.1/8.1 x64/8/8 x64/7/7 x64/Vista/Vista64/XP)||4.5.0||58 MB||Download|
|Quick Menu (OS X 10.11 / 10.10 / 10.9 / 10.8 / X 10.7||2.6.1||2.2 MB||Download|
|My Image Garden (OS X 10.11 / 10.10 / 10.9 / 10.8 / X 10.7||3.2.0||299 MB||Download|
|My Image Garden (Windows 10/10 x64/8.1/8.1 x64/8/8 x64/7/7 x64/Vista/Vista64/XP)||3.3.0||293 MB||Download|
|Easy-PhotoPrint EX (OS X 10.11 / 10.10 / 10.9 / 10.8 / X 10.7||4.6.0||102 MB||Download|
|Quick Menu (Windows 10/10 x64/8.1/8.1 x64/8/8 x64/7/7 x64/Vista/Vista64/XP)||2.6.1||9.2 MB||Download|
|Speed Dial Utility (OS X 10.11 / 10.10 / 10.9 / 10.8 / X 10.7||1.6.0||879 KB||Download|
|Speed Dial Utility (Windows 10/10 x64/8.1/8.1 x64/8/8 x64/7/7 x64/Vista/Vista64/XP)||1.6.0||4.8 MB||Download|
|My Image Garden (OS X 10.6)||3.1.0||298 MB||Download|
|Quick Menu (OS X 10.6)||2.5.0||2.4 MB||Download|
|Easy-PhotoPrint EX (OS X 10.4/10.5/10.6)||4.1.6||102 MB||Download|
|Setup Manual For Mac||CA.1.00||1.9 MB||Download|
|Setup Manual For Windows||CA.1.00||2.1 MB||Download|
|Troubleshooting Manual For Mac||CA.1.00||1 MB||Download|
|Troubleshooting Manual For Windows||CA.1.00||1.1 MB||Download|
|Printing and Copying Manual For Mac||CA.1.00||1.3 MB||Download|
|Printing and Copying Manual For Windows||CA.1.00||1.9 MB||Download|
|Scanning Manual For Mac||CA.1.00||4 MB||Download|
|Scanning Manual For Windows||CA.1.00||3.1 MB||Download|
|MX396 series (PDF) User Manual (Windows)||1.1||8.8 MB||Download|
|Fax Manual For Mac||CA.1.00||950 KB||Download|
|Fax Manual For Windows||CA.1.00||1020 KB||Download|
|Guide for Quick Menu (Mac)||V2.6||1.1 MB||Download|
|Guide for Quick Menu (Windows)||V2.6||1.1 MB||Download|
|Guide for My Image Garden (Windows)||V3.2||11 MB||Download|
|Guide for My Image Garden (Mac)||V3.2||11 MB||Download|
|MX396 series Getting Started Guide||V1||2.7 MB||Download|
|Setup Guide for Fax Reception||V1||1.4 MB||Download|
|IJ Printer Driver Ver. 3.90 for Linux (Operation guide)||3.90||74 KB||Download|
|ScanGear MP Ver. 2.10 for Linux (Operation guide)||2.10||469 KB||Download|
Canon PIXMA MX396 Driver and Software Free Download For Windows, Mac Os & Linux
You do not have to go into another website ever since you will get the driver of Canon PIXMA MX396. Canon Printer Support provides a download link for the drivers canon series directly from the Canon official site. Just click on the download web link available below and follow the manual instruction or download user guide below to complete the installation process.