Stylish design with the combination of smart features, that is what you get from all in one Canon PIXMA MX318 printer. PIXMA MX318 offers reliable quality for picture resolution for 4800 by 1200 dpi. But that is not the only thing as this printer device is supported with 1200 by 2400 dpi for its optical scanner, which means excellent quality for both scanning and printing result. The printer is designed with easy of use in mind.
Like Canon PIXMA MG8150, the control panel will not confuse its users even for those who are not very familiar with technology, not to mention Canon PIXMA MX318 has control center that makes it easier for its users to execute the printing process. However, PIXMA MX318 is not for users that yearn for extravagant speed as this printer is not that fast even though its speed is agreeable for mono document with 28ppm and colored like 41ppm.
Surprisingly, when it comes to print picture, Canon PIXMA MX318 performs faster. Fax with this all in one printer, its speed will please you, and it thanks to G3 fax. Do you expect memory card slots for the printer? It is not available, however, you can access mono LCD that helps you to know printer status or setting information.
Canon PIXMA MX318 Operating System Compatibility
Windows 10 / Windows 10 (x64) / Windows 8.1 / Windows 8.1 (x64) / Windows 8 / Windows 8 (x64) / Windows 7 / Windows 7 (x64) / Windows Vista / Windows Vista (x64) / Windows XP / Windows 2000 / Macintosh / Mac OS X (10.5/10.6/10.7/10.8/10.9/10.10/10.11).
Canon PIXMA MX318 Printer Specifications
|Maximum Resolution (dpi)||4800(horizontal) x 1200(vertical)|
|Smallest Ink droplet size||2pl|
|Ink Tank||Black (Pigment): PG-40, Optional PG-830, PG-50
Color (dye): CL-41, Optional CL-831, CL-51
|Ink Capacity Standard
|Color chart||PGI-830: 219 sheets, CLI-831: 207 sheets
PGI-40: 329 sheets, CLI-41: 312 sheets
PGI-50: 510 sheets, CLI-51: 545 sheets
|Photo chart||PP-101 –
PGI-830: 1785 sheets, CLI-831: 85 sheets
PGI-40: 2760 sheets, CLI-41: 126 sheets
PGI-50: 5310 sheets, CLI-51: 204 sheetsPP-201 –
PGI-830: 1330 sheets, CLI-831: 83 sheets
PGI-40: 2475 sheets, CLI-41: 122 sheets
PGI-50: 5130 sheets, CLI-51: 201 sheets
|Bk text (Plain paper/New pattern)||22 ppm|
|Color (plain paper/New pattern)||17 ppm|
|Photo(8″x10″ image)||PP-101/Standard: approx.: 89 sec|
|Photo(4″x6″)||PP-101/Standard/Borderess: approx. 46 sec|
|Borderless Printing||Top/Bottom/Right/Left margin: 0 mm (Supported Paper Size: A4 / Letter / 5″x7″ / 4″x6″ / Credit Card)|
|Paper Size (Cut paper)||A4, Letter, Legal, A5, B5, Envelopes(DL, COM10), 4″x6″, 4″x8″, 5″x7″, Credit Card|
|Paper Handling (Rear tray)|
|Plain paper||Approx. 100|
|High Resolution Paper||(HR-101N) A4=80|
|Photo Paper Pro||(PR-101) A4 =10, 4″x6″=20|
|Photo Paper Plus Glossy||(PP-101/201) A4 =10, 4″x6″=20|
|Photo Paper Plus Semi-gloss||(SG-101/201) A4 =10, 4″x6″=20|
|Glossy Photo Paper||(GP-401) A4 =10, 4″x6″/Credit Card =20|
|Photo Paper Plus Double Sided (Manual*)||(PP-101D) A4/5″x7″=1 *Not supported for Macintosh|
|Photo Sticker||(PS-101) = 1|
|T-Shirt Transfer||(TR-301) = 1|
|Maximum scanning size|
|Flatbed||A4 / Letter|
|Resolution||1,200 x 2,400 dpi (9,600 dpi enhanced)|
|Scanning Element||Contact Image Sensor (CIS)|
|Scanning Speed||B&W||7sec (A4 / 300dpi)|
|Color||19sec (A4 / 300dpi)|
|Compatibility||TWAIN, WIA (for WindowsR XP only)|
|Speed||B&W||22cpm (A4 Fast Mode)|
|Color||17cpm (A4 Fast Mode)|
|Type||Super G3 Fax|
|Transmission Speed||B&W||Approx. 3 sec|
|Color||Approx. 1min. sec.|
|Fax Memory||50pages (Transmission / Reception)|
|Automatic Dialing||Coded-Speed Dialing||20 locations|
|Interface||USB 2.0 Hi-Speed|
|Compatible OS||WindowsR Vista/XP/2000/, Mac OS X v.10.2.8 – 10.4|
|Dimensions||465 x 440 x 230mm (W x D x H excluding paper tray)|
Canon PIXMA MX318 Driver & Software Installations
Method 1: How To Install The Canon PIXMA MX318 Driver With Free Download
In this case, we are going to install Canon PIXMA MX318 without CD (Automatic Wizard)
What you need:
- You are required to have a driver setup or the software file of Canon PIXMA MX318. For the file of the driver setup, you simply click the link below for the download.
- You also obliged to have the USB cable as the connector from the printer to the computer that you will get from the printer package.
Next, follow the instruction on how to install Canon PIXMA MX318 printer with the Setup File.
- First, of course you need to turn on the computer as well as the Canon PIXMA MX318 as well.
- Still try not to connect the Canon PIXMA MX318 printer USB cable first before it is suggested.
- Download the driver setup of Canon PIXMA MX318 and install it in your computer by following all of the instruction for the installation progress.
- Then connect the USB cable of Canon PIXMA MX318 when the installation of the driver setup is already finished. In this case, the wizard will analyze when the USB cable has already connected. When the USB cable of Canon PIXMA MX318 already detected in the computer, it will go to further instructions.
- Follow the wizard instructions to finish the installation process.
- When it is finished, the Canon PIXMA MX318 printer can be used for the printing process.
Method 2: How To Install Canon PIXMA MX318 Drivers Manually
When you choose this method, you need the help of “Add a printer” option from the Windows inbuilt feature.
What you need:
- You are obliged to have the Software/Driver Setup file of Canon PIXMA MX318. You can try to download it from the links provided.
- You also require the USB cable of Canon PIXMA MX318 printer.
How to install:
- The first step, turn on all of your devices in this case are the computer and the Canon PIXMA MX318 printer.
- Connect the USB cable of Canon PIXMA MX318 from the printer to the computer.
- Next, extract Canon PIXMA MX318 setup file and also their extracted location (it will be commonly found in TEMP folder)
- Click Start à Control Panel à View Devices & Printer (for Windows 7 and Vista OS). For XP OS, you can click on “Fax & Printers.
- Click on “Add a printer.”
- When it has been ready and adjusted for the drivers location, give it the path where you extracted the setup file.
- Follow all of the wizard instructions to finish the installation.
- When you have done, you can use the Canon PIXMA MX318 printer is ready to be used in your computer.
Method 3: Canon PIXMA MX318 Driver Free Download Installations
How to install Canon PIXMA MX318 Printer with software CD (Automatic Wizard)
What you need:
- You require CD/DVD drive installed on your personal computer.
- A Software/Driver CD Disk of Canon PIXMA MX318 that included with the printer package is needed.
- USB Cable as the connector of the printer and computer that included in the printer package.
Follow these instructions for the further installation process of Canon PIXMA MX318 printer with CD Drive.
- First of all, do not forget to turn on your computer and also the Canon PIXMA MX318 printer.
- Do not plug in the USB cable of Canon PIXMA MX318 printer until needed.
- Insert Canon PIXMA MX318 CD disk to the CD/DVD drive on your personal computer and follow the setup wizard from the CD. Follow all of the instructions for the installation.
- Connect the USB Cable of Canon PIXMA MX318 printer to the computer when the setup wizard asks you to plug in the USB Cable.
- Wait until the USB cable Canon PIXMA MX318 is detected and follow the wizard instructions for the further process of the installation.
- When it is done, you will find out the Canon PIXMA MX318 printer is ready to use.
|MX318 series MP Driver (Windows 8.1/8/7/Vista/XP/2000)||1.01||27 MB||Download|
|MX318 series MP Driver (Windows 8.1 x64/8 x64/7 x64/Vista64)||1.01||28 MB||Download|
|MX318 series CUPS Printer Driver (OS X 10.5/10.6)||10.84.2.0||15 MB||Download|
|MX318 series CUPS Printer Driver (OS X 10.7/10.8/10.9)||10.84.2.0||14 MB||Download|
|ICA Driver (OS X 10.6/10.7/10.8/10.9)||3.1.0||8.5 MB||Download|
|Printer Driver for OSX (OS X 10.5 / OS X 10.4 / OS X 10.3/ OS X 10.2||6.9.3||6.6 MB||Download|
|MX318 series Scanner Driver (OS X 10.5/10.6/10.7/10.8/10.9)||13.9.2a||6.8 MB||Download|
|Canon Inkjet Printer Driver Add-On Module (Windows 7-(32-bit/64-bit)||2||30 MB||Download|
|My Printer Software for (Windows 10/10 x64/8.1/8.1 x64/8/8 x64/7/7 x64/Vista/Vista64/XP)||3.3.0||5.6 MB||Download|
|Easy-WebPrint EX Software for (Windows 10/10 x64/8.1/8.1 x64/8/8 x64/7/7 x64/Vista/Vista64/XP)||1.6.0||15 MB||Download|
|Easy-PhotoPrint EX For (Windows 10/10 x64/8.1/8.1 x64/8/8 x64/7/7 x64/Vista/Vista64/XP)||4.5.0||58 MB||Download|
|My Image Garden Software for OS X 10.11 / OS X 10.10 / OS X 10.9 / OS X 10.8 / Mac OS X 10.7||3.2.0||299 MB||Download|
|My Image Garden Software For (Windows 10/10 x64/8.1/8.1 x64/8/8 x64/7/7 x64/Vista/Vista64/XP)||3.3.0||293 MB||Download|
|Easy-PhotoPrint EX For Mac OS X 10.7/10.8/10.9/10.10/10.11/Supporting CD-ROM||4.6.0||102 MB||Download|
|Easy-WebPrint EX (Windows XP x64)||1.6.0||15 MB||Download|
|My Image Garden (OS X 10.6)||3.1.0||298 MB||Download|
|Easy-PhotoPrint EX (Windows XP x64)||4.5.0||58 MB||Download|
|MP Navigator EX (OS X 10.7/10.8/10.9)||1.0.8||18 MB||Download|
|MP Navigator EX Opener (OS X 10.7/10.8/10.9)||1.0.0a||2.1 MB||Download|
|MP Navigator EX (Windows 8.1/8.1 x64/8/8 x64/7/7 x64/Vista/Vista64/XP/2000)||1.08||45 MB||Download|
|Easy-WebPrint EX (Mac OS X 10.5/10.6)||1.1.0||9.8 MB||Download|
|Easy-PhotoPrint EX (OS X 10.4/10.5/10.6)||4.1.6||102 MB||Download|
|MP Navigator EX Opener (OS X 10.6)||1.0.0||225 KB||Download|
|MP Navigator EX (OS X 10.2/10.3/10.4/10.5/10.6)||1.0.7||18 MB||Download|
|Solution Menu (Windows 8.1/8.1 x64/8/8 x64/7/7 x64/Vista/Vista64/XP/2000)||1.4.3||1.7 MB||Download|
|Windows Adobe RGB 1998 Installer Program Software For (Windows 10/10 x64/8.1/8.1 x64/8/8 x64/7/7 x64/Vista/Vista64/XP)||1.4.1||329 KB||Download|
|My Image Garden (OS X 10.5)||1.0.0||289 MB||Download|
|My Printer Software For (Windows 2000)||2.9.5||2.7 MB||Download|
|MP Navigator EX (Windows XP x64)||1.07||42 MB||Download|
|Easy-PhotoPrint EX (Windows 2000)||3.2.0||43 MB||Download|
|MX318 series User Manual (Mac)||1.10a||39 MB||Download|
|MX318 series User Manual (Windows)||1.10||11 MB||Download|
|Guide for My Image Garden (Windows)||V3.2||11 MB||Download|
|Guide for My Image Garden (Mac)||V3.2||11 MB||Download|
Canon PIXMA MX318 Driver and Software Free Download For Windows & Mac Os
You do not have to go into another website ever since you will get the driver of Canon PIXMA MX318. Canon Printer Support provides a download link for the drivers canon series directly from the Canon official site. Just click on the download web link available below and follow the manual instruction or download user guide below to complete the installation process.