Canon PIXMA MP517 Driver & Software Download | Printing a photo and document will surely require two different types of paper. Unfortunately, you need to change those papers if you want to print a photo after you print a document. If you are facing the same problem, Canon PIXMA MP517 is the one that you need to use in printing anything that you want. That is because this printer offers you the nice feature that will surely help you printing using two different paper types.
As with the Canon PIXMA MP476, this printer has the dual paper tray feature. This kind of feature will surely help you to use two different types of paper on this printer. You can quickly put two different sizes of paper on this Canon PIXMA MP517 if you want to print your document on two different paper sizes. Or else, you can also put two different paper types that you can use to print a document and a photo. Both those things will surely have different needs in term of paper that is used.
This kind of technology might not be something new to find in a printer. Even though, Canon PIXMA MP517 still can be considered as one of the best options for this printer also has a lot of other features that you will surely love.
Canon PIXMA MP517 Operating System Compatibility
Windows 10 / Windows 10 (x64) / Windows 8.1 / Windows 8.1 (x64) / Windows 8 / Windows 8 (x64) / Windows 7 / Windows 7 (x64) / Windows Vista / Windows Vista (x64) / Windows XP / Windows XP (x64) / Windows 2000 / Macintosh / Mac OS X (10.2/10.3/10.4/10.5/10.6/10.6/10.7/10.8/10.9/10.10/10.11)
Canon PIXMA MP517 Specification
|Maximum Resolution (dpi)||4,800(horizontal) x 1,200(vertical)|
|Print head / Ink|
|Smallest Ink droplet size||2pl|
|Ink||PG-740 (Pigment Black), CL-741 (Dye C/M/Y)
Optional ink cartridge: PG-740 XL (Pigment Black), CL-741 XL (Dye C/M/Y)
|Ink Capacity Standard(approx. figure)|
|A4 Color Document||PG-740: 180 sheets / CL-741: 180 sheets
Optional ink cartridge: PG-740 XL: 400 sheets / CL-741 XL:400 sheets
|4R Photo (4″ x 6″)||PG-740: 1,420 sheets / CL-741: 67 sheets
Optional ink cartridge: PG-740 XL: 2,940 sheets / CL-741 XL:135 sheets
|A4 B&W Document (ISO standard speed)||9.7ipm|
|A4 Color Document (ISO standard speed)||5.5ipm|
|Photo(8″x10″ image)||Standard : approx. 90 sec|
|Photo(4″x6″,borderless)||Standard : approx. 46 sec|
|Canon EPP for Smart Phone||Support|
|Paper Size (Cut paper)||A4/ Letter/ Legal/ A5,/B5/ Envelopes(DL, COM10)/ 8″x10″/ 5″x7″ /4″x6|
|Auto Duplex Print||Auto|
|Front tray (Plain paper)||Approx. 100 sheets|
|Auto Document Feeder||Approx. 30 sheets|
|Auto Document Feeder Paper Size|
|Single-side||A4/ Letter/ Legal|
|Resolution||Photo / Document: 1200 x 2400dpi|
|Scanning Speed||Color: Approx. 15 sec (A4/300dpi)|
|Direct Scan to Memory||Memory Card and USB drive (JEPG/ PDF)|
|A4 Color Document (ISO standard speed)||First Copy Out time: 21sec|
|Continuous Copy Speed: 4.7ipm|
|Multiple Copy||1-99 pages|
|Type||Super G3 Fax – 33.6kbps|
|Transmission Speed||B&W: Approx. 3 sec|
|Color: Approx. 1 min|
|Fax direct save to memory||Memory Card and USB drive (PDF)|
|Fax Memory||Approx. 50 sheets (Send/ Receive)|
|Automatic Dialing||Memory Dials: 20|
|Group Dials: 19|
|Operation Panel||2.5” Colour LCD|
|Interface||USB2.0 Hi-Speed, Wi-Fi 802.11b/g/n & Ethenet|
|Dimensions (W x D x H)||458 x 385 x 200 mm|
|Power Source||AC100-240V 50/60Hz|
|Power Consumption||Standby: 1.7W
Canon PIXMA MP517 Driver & Software Installations
Method 1: How To Install The Canon PIXMA MP517 Driver With Free Download
In this case, we are going to install Canon PIXMA MP517 without CD (Automatic Wizard)
What you need:
- You are required to have a driver setup or the software file of Canon PIXMA MP517. For the file of the driver setup, you simply click the link below for the download.
- You also obliged to have the USB cable as the connector from the printer to the computer that you will get from the printer package.
Next, follow the instruction on how to install Canon PIXMA MP517 printer with the Setup File.
- First, of course, you need to turn on the computer as well as the Canon PIXMA MP517 as well.
- Still, try not to connect the Canon PIXMA MP517 printer USB cable first before it is suggested.
- Download the driver setup of Canon PIXMA MP517 and install it in your computer by following all of the instruction for the installation progress.
- Then connect the USB cable of Canon PIXMA MP517 when the installation of the driver setup is already finished. In this case, the wizard will analyze when the USB cable has already connected. When the USB cable of Canon PIXMA MP517 already detected in the computer, it will go to further instructions.
- Follow the wizard instructions to finish the installation process.
- When it is finished, the Canon PIXMA MP517 printer can be used for the printing process.
Method 2: How To Install Canon PIXMA MP517 Drivers Manually
When you choose this method, you need the help of “Add a printer” option from the Windows inbuilt feature.
What you need:
- You are obliged to have the Software/Driver Setup file of Canon PIXMA MP517. You can try to download it from the links provided.
- You also require the USB cable of Canon PIXMA MP517 printer.
How to install:
- The first step, turn on all of your devices, in this case, are the computer and the Canon PIXMA MP517 printer.
- Connect the USB cable of Canon PIXMA MP517 from the printer to the computer.
- Next, extract Canon PIXMA MP517 setup file and also their extracted location (it will be commonly found in TEMP folder)
- Click Start à Control Panel à View Devices & Printer (for Windows 7 and Vista OS). For XP OS, you can click on “Fax & Printers.
- Click on “Add a printer.”
- When it has been ready and adjusted for the driver’s location, give it the path where you extracted the setup file.
- Follow all of the wizard instructions to finish the installation.
- When you have done, you can use the Canon PIXMA MP517 printer is ready to be used on your computer.
Method 3: Canon PIXMA MP517 Driver Free Download Installations
How to install Canon PIXMA MP517 Printer with software CD (Automatic Wizard)
What you need:
- You require CD/DVD drive installed on your personal computer.
- A Software/Driver CD Disk of Canon PIXMA MP517 that included with the printer package is needed.
- USB Cable as the connector of the printer and computer that included in the printer package.
Follow these instructions for the further installation process of Canon PIXMA MP517 printer with CD Drive.
- First of all, do not forget to turn on your computer and also the Canon PIXMA MP517 printer.
- Do not plug in the USB cable of Canon PIXMA MP517 printer until needed.
- Insert Canon PIXMA MP517 CD disk to the CD/DVD drive on your personal computer and follow the setup wizard from the CD. Follow all of the instructions for the installation.
- Connect the USB Cable of Canon PIXMA MP517 printer to the computer when the setup wizard asks you to plug in the USB Cable.
- Wait until the USB cable Canon PIXMA MP517 is detected and follow the wizard instructions for the further process of the installation.
- When it is done, you will find out the Canon PIXMA MP517 printer is ready to use.
canoncopierdrivers.com provide a download link for Canon PIXMA MP517 Series publishing directly from Canon website with easy-to-download, to get the download link can be found below.
|PIXMA MP517 MP Drivers (Windows 7 (64-bit)||1.11||14 MB||Download|
|PIXMA MP517 MP Drivers (Windows 7 (32-bit)||1.11||14 MB||Download|
|PIXMA MP517 MP Drivers (Windows XP (64-bit)||1.03||9 MB||Download|
|PIXMA MP517 MP Drivers (Windows 2000 (32-bit)-(Windows XP (32-bit)||1.02||15 MB||Download|
|Canon Inkjet Printer Driver Add-On Module (Windows 7/7 x64/Vista/Vista64)||1.10||4.1 MB||Download|
|My Printer (Windows 10/10 x64/8.1/8.1 x64/8/8 x64/7/7 x64/Vista/Vista64/XP)||3.3.0||5.6 MB||Download|
|Easy-PhotoPrint EX (Windows 10/10 x64/8.1/8.1 x64/8/8 x64/7/7 x64/Vista/Vista64/XP)||4.7.0||58 MB||Download|
|Easy-PhotoPrint EX (Windows XP x64)||4.7.0||58 MB||Download|
|Easy-PhotoPrint EX (Windows 10/10 x64/8.1/8.1 x64/8/8 x64/7/7 x64/Vista/Vista64/XP)||4.5.0||58 MB||Download|
|Easy-PhotoPrint EX (Windows XP x64)||4.5.0||58 MB||Download|
|My Printer (Windows 2000)||2.9.5||2.7 MB||Download|
|Easy-PhotoPrint EX (Windows 2000)||3.2.0||43 MB||Download|
|PIXMA MP517 CUPS Printer Driver (OS X 10.5/10.6/10.7)||10.51.2.0||10 MB||Download|
|PIXMA MP517 Scanner Driver (Mac OS X 10.2/10.3/10.4/10.5/10.6/10.7)||12.13.3||13 MB||Download|
|ScanGear CS for OS X (Mac OS X 10.2/10.3/10.4/10.5/10.6)||12.13.1||13 MB||Download|
|Easy-PhotoPrint EX (OS X 10.11/10.10/10.9/10.8/Mac OS X 10.7)||4.7.0||102 MB||Download|
|Easy-PhotoPrint EX (OS X 10.11/10.10/10.9/10.8/Mac OS X 10.7)||4.6.0||102 MB||Download|
|Easy-PhotoPrint EX (OS X 10.4/10.5/10.6)||4.1.6||102 MB||Download|
|MP Navigator (Mac OS X 10.2/10.3/10.4/10.5/10.6/10.7)||2.0.7||13 MB||Download|
|Printer User Guide for Windows users||1.0||7.4 MB||Download|
|PIXMA MP517 On-screen Manual (Mac OS X 10.2/10.3/10.4/10.5/10.6/10.7)||1.10a||19 MB||Download|
Canon PIXMA MP517 Driver & Software Package Free Download For Windows, Mac Os, Linux
You do not have to go into another website ever since you will get the driver of Canon PIXMA MP517. Canon Download Center provides a download link for the driver & software canon series directly from the Canon official site. Just click on the download web link available below and follow the manual instruction or you can also download user manual below to complete the installation process.