Canon PIXMA MP490 Driver & Software Download | Printing a photo surely needs a long time for a printer to finish, especially if you are printing the full-page photo. That is because many printers will require the average of two minutes to complete the full photo print process. Fortunately, the fast Canon PIXMA MP490 is coming as one excellent option that you can take if you want to print your full-page photo faster.
Like Canon PIXMA MP160, this printer is also considered as one of the best printers that can give you the fast printing speed. That is because you can easily print a full A4 page of the photo using Canon PIXMA MP490 within the average of a minute and 28 seconds. This one is slightly faster compared with some other printers out there that give you the average of a minute and 40 seconds to finish a full-page photo print.
If you have noticed the faster photo printing speed of this printer, then you should also have noticed that this printer is also able to give you the faster printing speed for the color print. Yes, that is because this Canon PIXMA MP490 can give you the average of three pages in a minute for the standard color print.
Canon PIXMA MP490 Operating System Compatibility
Windows 10 / Windows 10 (x64) / Windows 8.1 / Windows 8.1 (x64) / Windows 8 / Windows 8 (x64) / Windows 7 / Windows 7 (x64) / Windows Vista / Windows Vista (x64) / Windows XP / Windows XP (x64) / Windows 2000 / Windows Me / Macintosh / Mac OS X (10.2/10.3/10.4/10.5/10.6/10.6/10.7/10.8/10.9/10.10/10.11)
Canon PIXMA MP490 Specification
|Printing Technology||Color Inkjet with FINE technology|
|Maximum Resolution||Black: up to 600 x 600dpi
Color: up to 4800 x 1200dpi
|Print Speed||4 x 6″ borderless photo: approx. 43 sec
ESAT Black: Approx. 8.4ipm
ESAT Color: Approx. 4.8ipm
|Depth||Not Specified by Manufacturer|
|Minimum Ink Droplet Size||2 picoliters|
|Ink Type||ChromaLife 100+
CL-211 Color Cartridge
PG-210 Black Cartridge
CL-211XL-Extra Large Color Cartridge
PG-211XL-Extra Large Black Cartridge
|Ink Cartridge Configuration||1 x black
1 x color
|Printer Duty Cycle||Not Specified by Manufacturer|
|Print Archival Life||300 Years|
|Printer Language||Not Specified by Manufacturer|
|Image Sensor||Contact Image Sensor (CIS)|
|Optical Resolution||Max: 1200 x 2400dpi|
|Interpolated Resolution||Interpolated: 19,000 x 19,000dpi|
|Color Depth||48-bit internal/24-bit external|
|Reflective Scan Area||8.5 x 11.7″|
|Scan Modes||AE (Auto Exposure/Intensity) Copy, Borderless, Fit-to-Page, Frame Erase Copy, Intensity, Multiple Copy (1-99 pages)|
|Copy Speed||Color: Approx. 37 seconds|
|Copy Resolution||Not Specified by Manufacturer|
|Reduction/Enlargement||25 – 400%|
|Copy Features||AE (Auto Exposure/Intensity) Copy, Borderless, Fit-to-Page, Frame Erase Copy, Intensity, Multiple Copy (1-99 pages)|
|Maximum Paper Width||10″|
|Maximum Printable Area||8 x 10″|
|Paper Sizes||4 x 6″, 5 x 7″, 8 x 10″, Letter, Legal, U.S. #10 envelopes|
|Borderless Photo Sizes||4 x 6″ up to 8 x 10″|
|Paper Types||Photo Paper Pro Platinum, Photo Paper Pro II, Photo Paper Plus Glossy II, Photo Paper Plus Semi-gloss, Photo Paper Glossy and Matte Photo Paper|
|Maximum Paper Thickness||Not Specified by Manufacturer|
|Special Media Support||Greeting Cards and Photo Stickers|
|Computer Interface||USB 2.0|
|Compatible Memory Cards||SD Memory Card, SDHC, MultiMediaCard (v4.1), MultiMediaCard Plus (v4.1), CompactFlash Card, Microdrive, Memory Stick, Memory Stick PRO; Memory Stick Duo and Memory Stick PRO Duo
The following can be used with the addition of a special adapter sold separately: miniSD Card, miniSDHC, microSD Card, microSDHC, RS-MMC (v4.1), Memory Stick Micro, xD-Picture Card, xD-Picture Card (Type M), and xD-Picture Card (Type H).
|Direct Print Capable||Yes|
|System & Software Requirements||System requirements vary by application.|
|Compatible Operating Systems||Windows® Vista, Windows XP/2000 and Mac OS® X v10.3.9 to v10.5.x7. Compatible with Microsoft Internet Explorer 7 in Windows Vista or XP (not included on installation CD)|
|Image Preview Display||1.8″ LCD|
|Software||Included: Setup Software & User’s Guide CD-ROM, MP490 Printer Driver, Easy-Photo Print EX, MP Navigator EX, Solution Menu, EasyWeb-Print (Windows only)|
|Power Requirements||110VAC 50/60Hz|
|Dimensions (WxDxH)||17.5 x 13.1 x 6.1″ (444.5 x 332.74 x 154.94mm)|
|Weight||13 lb (5.85 kg)|
Canon PIXMA MP490 Driver & Software Installations
Method 1: How To Install The Canon PIXMA MP490 Driver With Free Download
In this case, we are going to install Canon PIXMA MP490 without CD (Automatic Wizard)
What you need:
- You are required to have a driver setup or the software file of Canon PIXMA MP490. For the file of the driver setup, you simply click the link below for the download.
- You also obliged to have the USB cable as the connector from the printer to the computer that you will get from the printer package.
Next, follow the instruction on how to install Canon PIXMA MP490 printer with the Setup File.
- First, of course, you need to turn on the computer as well as the Canon PIXMA MP490 as well.
- Still, try not to connect the Canon PIXMA MP490 printer USB cable first before it is suggested.
- Download the driver setup of Canon PIXMA MP490 and install it in your computer by following all of the instruction for the installation progress.
- Then connect the USB cable of Canon PIXMA MP490 when the installation of the driver setup is already finished. In this case, the wizard will analyze when the USB cable has already connected. When the USB cable of Canon PIXMA MP490 already detected in the computer, it will go to further instructions.
- Follow the wizard instructions to finish the installation process.
- When it is finished, the Canon PIXMA MP490 printer can be used for the printing process.
Method 2: How To Install Canon PIXMA MP490 Drivers Manually
When you choose this method, you need the help of “Add a printer” option from the Windows inbuilt feature.
What you need:
- You are obliged to have the Software/Driver Setup file of Canon PIXMA MP490. You can try to download it from the links provided.
- You also require the USB cable of Canon PIXMA MP490 printer.
How to install:
- The first step, turn on all of your devices, in this case, are the computer and the Canon PIXMA MP490 printer.
- Connect the USB cable of Canon PIXMA MP490 from the printer to the computer.
- Next, extract Canon PIXMA MP490 setup file and also their extracted location (it will be commonly found in TEMP folder)
- Click Start à Control Panel à View Devices & Printer (for Windows 7 and Vista OS). For XP OS, you can click on “Fax & Printers.
- Click on “Add a printer.”
- When it has been ready and adjusted for the driver’s location, give it the path where you extracted the setup file.
- Follow all of the wizard instructions to finish the installation.
- When you have done, you can use the Canon PIXMA MP490 printer is ready to be used on your computer.
Method 3: Canon PIXMA MP490 Driver Free Download Installations
How to install Canon PIXMA MP490 Printer with software CD (Automatic Wizard)
What you need:
- You require CD/DVD drive installed on your personal computer.
- A Software/Driver CD Disk of Canon PIXMA MP490 that included with the printer package is needed.
- USB Cable as the connector of the printer and computer that included in the printer package.
Follow these instructions for the further installation process of Canon PIXMA MP490 printer with CD Drive.
- First of all, do not forget to turn on your computer and also the Canon PIXMA MP490 printer.
- Do not plug in the USB cable of Canon PIXMA MP490 printer until needed.
- Insert Canon PIXMA MP490 CD disk to the CD/DVD drive on your personal computer and follow the setup wizard from the CD. Follow all of the instructions for the installation.
- Connect the USB Cable of Canon PIXMA MP490 printer to the computer when the setup wizard asks you to plug in the USB Cable.
- Wait until the USB cable Canon PIXMA MP490 is detected and follow the wizard instructions for the further process of the installation.
- When it is done, you will find out the Canon PIXMA MP490 printer is ready to use.
canoncopierdrivers.com provide a download link for Canon PIXMA MP490 Series publishing directly from Canon website with easy-to-download, to get the download link can be found below.
|PIXMA MP490 series MP Driver (Windows 10/10 x64/8.1/8.1 x64/8/8 x64/7/7 x64/Vista/Vista64/XP)||1.05||20 MB||Download|
|PIXMA MP490 series MP Driver (Windows XP x64)||1.05||13 MB||Download|
|PIXMA MP490 series MP Driver (Windows 2000)||1.04||20 MB||Download|
|My Printer (Windows 10/10 x64/8.1/8.1 x64/8/8 x64/7/7 x64/Vista/Vista64/XP)||3.3.0||5.6 MB||Download|
|Easy-WebPrint EX (Windows 10/10 x64/8.1/8.1 x64/8/8 x64/7/7 x64/Vista/Vista64/XP)||1.7.0||15 MB||Download|
|Easy-PhotoPrint EX (Windows 10/10 x64/8.1/8.1 x64/8/8 x64/7/7 x64/Vista/Vista64/XP)||4.7.0||58 MB||Download|
|My Image Garden (Windows 10/10 x64/8.1/8.1 x64/8/8 x64/7/7 x64/Vista/Vista64)||3.5.0||294 MB||Download|
|My Image Garden (Windows XP (32-bit)||3.3.1||293 MB||Download|
|Easy-WebPrint EX (Windows XP x64)||1.7.0||15 MB||Download|
|Easy-PhotoPrint EX (Windows XP x64)||4.7.0||58 MB||Download|
|Easy-PhotoPrint EX (Windows 10/10 x64/8.1/8.1 x64/8/8 x64/7/7 x64/Vista/Vista64/XP)||4.5.0||58 MB||Download|
|MP Navigator EX (Windows 10/10 x64/8.1/8.1 x64/8/8 x64/7/7 x64/Vista/Vista64/XP/2000)||3.06||48 MB||Download|
|My Image Garden (OS X 10.6)||3.1.0||298 MB||Download|
|Easy-PhotoPrint EX (Windows XP x64)||4.5.0||58 MB||Download|
|PIXMA MP490 Solution Menu (Windows 8.1/8.1 x64/8/8 x64/7/7 x64/Vista/Vista64/XP/2000)||1.4.3||1.7 MB||Download|
|Windows Adobe RGB 1998 Installer Program (Windows 8.1/8.1 x64/8/8 x64/7/7 x64/Vista/Vista64/XP/XP x64/2000/Me)||1.4.1||329 KB||Download|
|My Printer (Windows 2000)||2.9.5||2.7 MB||Download|
|MP Navigator EX (Windows XP x64)||3.05||46 MB||Download|
|Easy-PhotoPrint EX (Windows 2000)||3.2.0||43 MB||Download|
|PIXMA MP490 series CUPS Printer Driver (OS X 10.11/10.10/10.9/10.8/Mac OS X 10.7)||188.8.131.52||16 MB||Download|
|ICA Driver (OS X 10.6)||3.3.4||8.6 MB||Download|
|PIXMA MP490 series CUPS Printer Driver (OS X 10.5/10.6)||184.108.40.206||17 MB||Download|
|PIXMA MP490 series Scanner Driver (OS X 10.11/10.10/10.9/10.8/10.7/10.6/Mac OS X 10.5)||15.5.2a||12 MB||Download|
|PIXMA MP490 ICA Driver (OS X 10.11/10.10/10.9/10.8/Mac OS X 10.7)||4.0.0||7.1 MB||Download|
|PIXMA MP490 IJ Scan Utility Lite (OS X 10.11)||2.3.0||22 MB||Download|
|Easy-PhotoPrint EX (OS X 10.11/10.10/10.9/10.8/Mac OS X 10.7)||4.7.0||102 MB||Download|
|My Image Garden (OS X 10.11/10.10/10.9/Mac OS X 10.8)||3.5.0||300 MB||Download|
|My Image Garden (OS X 10.7)||3.2.0||299 MB||Download|
|Easy-PhotoPrint EX (OS X 10.11/10.10/10.9/10.8/Mac OS X 10.7)||4.6.0||102 MB||Download|
|MP Navigator EX 3.0 Opener (OS X 10.10/10.9/10.8/Mac OS X 10.7)||1.0.0a||2.1 MB||Download|
|MP Navigator EX (OS X 10.10/10.9/10.8/Mac OS X 10.7)||3.0.6||29 MB||Download|
|My Image Garden (OS X 10.6)||3.1.0||298 MB||Download|
|PIXMA MP490 Solution Menu (OS X 10.3/10.4/10.5/10.6)||1.4.1||711 KB||Download|
|PIXMA MP490 Solution Menu (OS X 10.7/10.8/10.9/10.10)||1.4.1a||2.2 MB||Download|
|Easy-WebPrint EX (Mac OS X 10.5/10.6)||1.1.0||9.8 MB||Download|
|Easy-PhotoPrint EX (OS X 10.4/10.5/10.6)||4.1.6||102 MB||Download|
|PIXMA MP490 MP Navigator EX (OS X 10.2/10.3/10.4/10.5/10.6)||3.0.5||29 MB||Download|
|PIXMA MP490 MP Navigator EX 3.0 Opener (OS X 10.6)||1.0.0||222 KB||Download|
|My Image Garden (OS X 10.6)||1.0.0||289 MB||Download|
|PIXMA MP490 series User Manual (Windows)||1.00||13 MB||Download|
|PIXMA MP490 series User Manual (Mac)||1.10||28 MB||Download|
|PIXMA MP490 Guide for My Image Garden (Mac)||V3.2||11 MB||Download|
|PIXMA MP490 Guide for My Image Garden (Windows)||V3.2||11 MB||Download|
Canon PIXMA MP490 Driver & Software Package Free Download For Windows, Mac Os
You do not have to go into another website ever since you will get the driver of Canon PIXMA MP490. Canon Download Center provides a download link for the driver & software canon series directly from the Canon official site. Just click on the download web link available below and follow the manual instruction or you can also download user manual below to complete the installation process.