If you are looking for the nice printer that can give you the detailed printing result, then Canon PIXMA MP170 will be something nice that you can get. That is because this printer is able to give you the detailed printing result, especially for the photo print.
The main reasons are because this printer has the small nozzles as small as two pixels and the ChromaLife technology. If you are talking about its small pixel size, the smallest pixels will surely give you the smallest details on the Canon PIXMA MP170 printer. Therefore, you will not need to worry about the detail and sharpness of the picture that you print on this printer. For the ChromaLife technology, you will surely be able to keep the color of your photo print for many years. That is because this new technology is believed to be able to lock the colors for many years after being printed.
Even though this printer is still using one color cartridge for the main box of three different colors, but it turns out that this Canon PIXMA MP170 printer is able to give you the nice printing result that you will surely love from the affordable printer.
Canon PIXMA MP170 Operating System Compatibility
Windows 10 / Windows 10 (x64) / Windows 8.1 / Windows 8.1 (x64) / Windows 8 / Windows 8 (x64) / Windows 7 / Windows 7 (x64) / Windows Vista / Windows Vista (x64) / Windows XP / Windows XP (x64) / Windows 2000 / Windows Me / Macintosh / Mac OS X (10.2/10.3/10.4/10.5/10.6/10.6/10.7/10.8/10.9/10.10/10.11)
Canon PIXMA MP170 Specification
- Copy Speed (up to); Black: 22 cpm (approx. 2.7 sec/page), Color: 17 cpm (approx. 3.6 sec/page)
- Copy Features: Auto Magnification, AE (Auto Exposure), Borderless, Fit-to-Page, Image Repeat
- Scanner Type: Flatbed, Scanning Element: Contact Image Sensor (CIS), Max. ResolutionsOptical:1200 x 2400 dpi, Interpolated:19,200 x 19,200 dpi, Scanning Mode: 48-bit internal/24-bit external
- Output Tray Capacity: Auto Sheet Feeder, Plain Paper: Approx. 100 Sheets (13mm)4 x 6 Photo Paper: 20 Sheets
- Ink Compatibility: PG-40 Black FINE Cartridge, CL-41 Color FINE Cartridge
- Paper Sizes: Letter, Legal, Credit Card (2.13 x 3.39), 4 x 6, 5 x 7, U.S. #10 Envelopes
- Standard Interface: USB 2.0 Hi-Speed (cable not included)
- Software Included: CD-ROM, including MP Driver, MP Navigator, Setup Software and User’s Guide, Electronic Photo Application Guide, Electronic User’s Guide, e-registration, ScanSoft® Omnipage® SE®, ArcSoft®PhotoStudio®, Easy-PhotoPrint 3.3, and Easy-WebPrint (Windows only)
- Dimension (W x D x H): 17.5 x 15.0 x 7.2, Weight: 12.3 lbs
Canon PIXMA MP170 Driver & Software Installations
Method 1: How To Install The Canon PIXMA MP170 Driver With Free Download
In this case, we are going to install Canon PIXMA MP170 without CD (Automatic Wizard)
What you need:
- You are required to have a driver setup or the software file of Canon PIXMA MP170. For the file of the driver setup, you simply click the link below for the download.
- You also obliged to have the USB cable as the connector from the printer to the computer that you will get from the printer package.
Next, follow the instruction on how to install Canon PIXMA MP170 printer with the Setup File.
- First, of course you need to turn on the computer as well as the Canon PIXMA MP170 as well.
- Still try not to connect the Canon PIXMA MP170 printer USB cable first before it is suggested.
- Download the driver setup of Canon PIXMA MP170 and install it in your computer by following all of the instruction for the installation progress.
- Then connect the USB cable of Canon PIXMA MP170 when the installation of the driver setup is already finished. In this case, the wizard will analyze when the USB cable has already connected. When the USB cable of Canon PIXMA MP170 already detected in the computer, it will go to further instructions.
- Follow the wizard instructions to finish the installation process.
- When it is finished, the Canon PIXMA MP170 printer can be used for the printing process.
Method 2: How To Install Canon PIXMA MP170 Drivers Manually
When you choose this method, you need the help of “Add a printer” option from the Windows inbuilt feature.
What you need:
- You are obliged to have the Software/Driver Setup file of Canon PIXMA MP170. You can try to download it from the links provided.
- You also require the USB cable of Canon PIXMA MP170 printer.
How to install:
- The first step, turn on all of your devices, in this case, are the computer and the Canon PIXMA MP170 printer.
- Connect the USB cable of Canon PIXMA MP170 from the printer to the computer.
- Next, extract Canon PIXMA MP170 setup file and also their extracted location (it will be commonly found in TEMP folder)
- Click Start à Control Panel à View Devices & Printer (for Windows 7 and Vista OS). For XP OS, you can click on “Fax & Printers.
- Click on “Add a printer.”
- When it has been ready and adjusted for the drivers location, give it the path where you extracted the setup file.
- Follow all of the wizard instructions to finish the installation.
- When you have done, you can use the Canon PIXMA MP170 printer is ready to be used in your computer.
Method 3: Canon PIXMA MP170 Driver Free Download Installations
How to install Canon PIXMA MP170 Printer with software CD (Automatic Wizard)
What you need:
- You require CD/DVD drive installed on your personal computer.
- A Software/Driver CD Disk of Canon PIXMA MP170 that included with the printer package is needed.
- USB Cable as the connector of the printer and computer that included in the printer package.
Follow these instructions for the further installation process of Canon PIXMA MP170 printer with CD Drive.
- First of all, do not forget to turn on your computer and also the Canon PIXMA MP170 printer.
- Do not plug in the USB cable of Canon PIXMA MP170 printer until needed.
- Insert Canon PIXMA MP170 CD disk to the CD/DVD drive on your personal computer and follow the setup wizard from the CD. Follow all of the instructions for the installation.
- Connect the USB Cable of Canon PIXMA MP170 printer to the computer when the setup wizard asks you to plug in the USB Cable.
- Wait until the USB cable Canon PIXMA MP170 is detected and follow the wizard instructions for the further process of the installation.
- When it is done, you will find out the Canon PIXMA MP170 printer is ready to use.
|My Printer (Windows 10/10 x64/8.1/8.1 x64/8/8 x64/7/7 x64/Vista/Vista64/XP)||3.3.0||5.6 MB||Download|
|Easy-WebPrint EX (Windows 10/10 x64/8.1/8.1 x64/8/8 x64/7/7 x64/Vista/Vista64/XP)||4.7.0||58 MB||Download|
|Easy-PhotoPrint EX (Windows XP x64)||4.7.0||58 MB||Download|
|Easy-PhotoPrint EX (Windows 10/10 x64/8.1/8.1 x64/8/8 x64/7/7 x64/Vista/Vista64/XP)||4.5.0||58 MB||Download|
|Easy-PhotoPrint EX (Windows XP x64)||4.5.0||58 MB||Download|
|My Printer (Windows 2000 (32-bit)||2.9.5||2.7 MB||Download|
|Easy-PhotoPrint EX (Windows 2000 (32-bit)||3.2.0||43 MB||Download|
|PIXMA MP170 CUPS Printer Driver (OS X 10.5/10.6/10.7)||10.51.2.0||11 MB||Download|
|PIXMA MP170 Scanner Driver (Mac OS X 10.2/10.3/10.4/10.5/10.6/10.7)||12.13.3||13 MB||Download|
|Easy-PhotoPrint EX (OS X 10.11/10.10/10.9/10.8/Mac OS X 10.7)||4.7.0||102 MB||Download|
|Easy-PhotoPrint EX (OS X 10.11/10.10/10.9/10.8/Mac OS X 10.7)||4.6.0||102 MB||Download|
|Easy-PhotoPrint EX (OS X 10.4/10.5/10.6)||4.1.6||102 MB||Download|
|MP Navigator (Mac OS X 10.2/10.3/10.4/10.5/10.6/10.7)||2.0.7||13 MB||Download|
|PIXMA MP170 On-screen Manual (Mac OS X 10.2/10.3/10.4/10.5/10.6/10.7)||1.00a||16 MB||Download|
Canon PIXMA MP170 Driver and Software Package Free Download For Windows & Mac Os
You do not have to go into another website ever since you will get the driver of Canon PIXMA MP170. Canon Printer Support provides a download link for the driver & software canon series directly from the Canon official site. Just click on the download web link available below and follow the manual instruction or you can also download user manual below to complete the installation process.