Canon PIXMA iP4970 is one of great inkjet printer from Canon. It is also a photo printer which prints the best photo with resolution 9600 (horizontal) and 2400 (vertical). The printer is able to print the picture by the width of 203.2 mm or 8 inches, and 8.5 inches or 216 mm for the borderless printing. This printer is easy to be installed in your workplace with the dimension of 431 mm (width) x 297 mm (depth) x 153 mm (height). It is only 5.7 kg for its weight so it must be easy to place the printer in any rooms.
As usual, Canon always gives the products to their customer well including for the service. If something bad happens, this Canon iP4970 has a warranty for a year. To make connectivity easier, there is USB port (Hi-Speed USB) which is also suitable for a computer which works with High-Speed USB standard.
The printer requires the paper size of A4 to make a good print. It has print speed 9.3 ipm for the color mode and 12.5 ipm for the black and white mode. As the proper printer to help you in working, Canon PIXMA iP 4970 comes in an elegant look with black color and simple design.
Also, update driver: Canon PIXMA IP2200 Manual & Driver Download For Windows, Mac, Linux
Canon PIXMA iP4970 Operating System Compatibility
Windows 10 / Windows 10 (x64) / Windows 8.1 / Windows 8.1 (x64) / Windows 8 / Windows 8 (x64) / Windows 7 / Windows 7 (x64) / Windows Vista / Windows Vista (x64) / Windows XP / Windows 2000 / Windows Me / Macintosh / Mac OS X (10.5/10.6/10.7/10.8/10.9/10.10/10.11)/ Linux
Canon PIXMA iP4970 Specification
|Maximum Resolution (dpi)||9,600(horizontal) x 2,400(vertical)|
|Print head / Ink|
|Smallest Ink droplet size||1pl|
|Ink||PGI-725BK (Pigment Black),CLI-726BK/C/M/Y (Dye Black/Cyan/Magenta/Yellow)|
|Ink Capacity Standard (approx. figure)|
|A4 Color Document||PGI-725BK: 339 sheets, CLI-726BK: 2945 sheets
CLI-726C: 530 sheets, CLI-726M: 486 sheets, CLI-726Y: 525 sheets
|4R Photo (4″ x 6″)||PGI-725BK: 3545 sheets, CLI-726BK: 555 sheets
CLI-726C: 202 sheets, CLI-726M: 201 sheets, CLI-726Y: 199 sheets
|A4 B&W Document (ISO standard speed)||12.5ipm|
|A4 Color Document (ISO standard speed)||9.3ipm|
|Photo(A4, 8″x10″ image)||Standard : approx. 43 sec|
|Photo(4″x6″, borderless)||Standard : approx. 20 sec|
|Paper Size (Cut paper)||A4/ Letter/ Legal/ A5,/B5/ Envelopes(DL, COM10)/ 8″x10″/ 5″x7″ /4″x6|
|Support media for Auto Duplex Printing||A4/Letter/B5/A5|
|Rear tray (Plain paper)||Approx. 150 sheets|
|Auto Document Feeder||Approx. 150 sheets|
|Manual disc tray||1 piece|
|Interface||USB2.0 Hi-Speed, PictBridge|
|Dimensions||431 x 297 x 153mm(W x D x H)|
|Power Source||AC100-240V 50/60Hz|
|Power Consumption||Standby: 0.8W
Canon PIXMA iP4970 Driver & Software Installations
Method 1: How To Install The Canon PIXMA iP4970 Driver With Free Download
In this case, we are going to install Canon PIXMA iP4970 without CD (Automatic Wizard)
What you need:
- You are required to have a driver setup or the software file of Canon PIXMA iP4970. For the file of the driver setup, you simply click the link below for the download.
- You also obliged to have the USB cable as the connector from the printer to the computer that you will get from the printer package.
Next, follow the instruction on how to install Canon PIXMA iP4970 printer with the Setup File.
- First, of course, you need to turn on the computer as well as the Canon PIXMA iP4970 as well.
- Still, try not to connect the Canon PIXMA iP4970 printer USB cable first before it is suggested.
- Download the driver setup of Canon PIXMA iP4970 and install it in your computer by following all of the instruction for the installation progress.
- Then connect the USB cable of Canon PIXMA iP4970 when the installation of the driver setup is already finished. In this case, the wizard will analyze when the USB cable has already connected. When the USB cable of Canon PIXMA iP4970 already detected in the computer, it will go to further instructions.
- Follow the wizard instructions to finish the installation process.
- When it is finished, the Canon PIXMA iP4970 printer can be used for the printing process.
Method 2: How To Install Canon PIXMA iP4970 Drivers Manually
When you choose this method, you need the help of “Add a printer” option from the Windows inbuilt feature.
What you need:
- You are obliged to have the Software/Driver Setup file of Canon PIXMA iP4970. You can try to download it from the links provided.
- You also require the USB cable of Canon PIXMA iP4970 printer.
How to install:
- The first step, turn on all of your devices, in this case, are the computer and the Canon PIXMA iP4970 printer.
- Connect the USB cable of Canon PIXMA iP4970 from the printer to the computer.
- Next, extract Canon PIXMA iP4970 setup file and also their extracted location (it will be commonly found in TEMP folder)
- Click Start à Control Panel à View Devices & Printer (for Windows 7 and Vista OS). For XP OS, you can click on “Fax & Printers.
- Click on “Add a printer.”
- When it has been ready and adjusted for the driver’s location, give it the path where you extracted the setup file.
- Follow all of the wizard instructions to finish the installation.
- When you have done, you can use the Canon PIXMA iP4970 printer is ready to be used on your computer.
Method 3: Canon PIXMA iP4970 Driver Free Download Installations
How to install Canon PIXMA iP4970 Printer with software CD (Automatic Wizard)
What you need:
- You require CD/DVD drive installed on your personal computer.
- A Software/Driver CD Disk of Canon PIXMA iP4970 that included with the printer package is needed.
- USB Cable as the connector of the printer and computer that included in the printer package.
Follow these instructions for the further installation process of Canon PIXMA iP4970 printer with CD Drive.
- First of all, do not forget to turn on your computer and also the Canon PIXMA iP4970 printer.
- Do not plug in the USB cable of Canon PIXMA iP4970 printer until needed.
- Insert Canon PIXMA iP4970 CD disk to the CD/DVD drive on your personal computer and follow the setup wizard from the CD. Follow all of the instructions for the installation.
- Connect the USB Cable of Canon PIXMA iP4970 printer to the computer when the setup wizard asks you to plug in the USB Cable.
- Wait until the USB cable Canon PIXMA iP4970 is detected and follow the wizard instructions for the further process of the installation.
- When it is done, you will find out the Canon PIXMA iP4970 printer is ready to use.
How to Install Canon PIXMA iP4970 Printer Driver on Linux
- A Linux-run device
- A Common Unix Printer Service (CUPS) installed on the device.
- Run the computer and run the CUPS.
- Visit the web-based interface.
- Open a browser and navigate to localhost: 631.
- Connect the printer.
- On the browser, go to Administration tab and select Printers.
- Select Add Printer.
- Enter username and password.
- Your printer (Canon PIXMA iP4970) should be on the list displayed. Select it and press Continue.
- CUPS detect and add the printer.
- A configuration window will pop up, fill values as needed.
- The printer is ready to use.
How to Uninstall Canon PIXMA iP4970 Printer Driver
- Look for the Windows button on your device’s keyboard.
- Select Control Panel.
- Look for Uninstall a Program tab, select it.
- Look for the name of the printer driver you wish to uninstall.
- Click on the Uninstall button.
- Wait until the process is done.
- Open Apple Menu.
- Select System Preferences.
- Select Printers and Scanners.
- Choose a printer driver that you wish to uninstall. (Select Canon PIXMA iP4970 if your printer is of that type.)
- Click Remove.
- Go to Application.
- Select System Settings.
- Select Printers. Printer window will pop up.
- Locate Unlock button on the upper right section, select it.
- Enter password.
- Locate the Canon PIXMA iP4970 printer driver your wish to uninstall. Find a minus sign under it.
- Click the minus sign.
canoncopierdrivers.com provide a download link for Canon PIXMA iP4970 publishing directly from Canon website with easy-to-download, to get the download link can be found below.
|PIXMA iP4970 Printer Driver (Windows 10/10 x64/8.1/8.1 x64/8/8 x64/7/7 x64/Vista/Vista64/XP)||2.56||17 MB||Download|
|PIXMA iP4970 Printer Driver (Windows XP x64)||2.56||9.3 MB||Download|
|PIXMA iP4970 XPS Printer Driver (Windows 10/10 x64/8.1/8.1 x64/8/8 x64/7/7 x64/Vista/Vista64)||5.56||23 MB||Download|
|PIXMA iP4970 CUPS Printer Driver (OS X 10.11/10.10/10.9/10.8/Mac OS X 10.7)||184.108.40.206||16 MB||Download|
|PIXMA iP4970 CUPS Printer Driver (OS X 10.5/10.6)||220.127.116.11||18 MB||Download|
|PIXMA iP4970 Printer Driver (Mac OS X 10.4/10.5)||7.39.0||8.3 MB||Download|
|IJ Printer Driver for Linux (Source file)||3.60||9.1 MB||Download|
|PIXMA iP4970 IJ Printer Driver for Linux (debian Packagearchive)||3.60||3.6 MB||Download|
|PIXMA iP4970 IJ Printer Driver for Linux (rpm Packagearchive)||3.60||3.7 MB||Download|
|My Printer (Windows 10/10 x64/8.1/8.1 x64/8/8 x64/7/7 x64/Vista/Vista64/XP)||3.3.0||5.6 MB||Download|
|Easy-WebPrint EX (Windows 10/10 x64/8.1/8.1 x64/8/8 x64/7/7 x64/Vista/Vista64/XP)||1.6.0||15 MB||Download|
|Easy-PhotoPrint EX (Windows 10/10 x64/8.1/8.1 x64/8/8 x64/7/7 x64/Vista/Vista64/XP)||4.5.0||58 MB||Download|
|My Image Garden (Windows 10/10 x64/8.1/8.1 x64/8/8 x64/7/7 x64/Vista/Vista64/XP)||3.3.0||293 MB||Download|
|Quick Menu (Windows 10/10 x64/8.1/8.1 x64/8/8 x64/7/7 x64/Vista/Vista64/XP)||2.6.1||9.2 MB||Download|
|Easy-WebPrint EX (Windows XP x64)||1.6.0||15 MB||Download|
|Solution Menu EX (Windows XP x64)||1.4.1||9.6 MB||Download|
|Solution Menu EX Ver. 1.4.1 (Windows 8.1/8.1 x64/8/8 x64/7/7 x64/Vista/Vista64/XP)||1.4.1||9.6 MB||Download|
|Windows Adobe RGB 1998 Installer Program (Windows 10/10 x64/8.1/8.1 x64/8/8 x64/7/7 x64/Vista/Vista64/XP/2000/me)||1.4.1||329 KB||Download|
|My Image Garden (OS X 10.5)||1.0.0||289 MB||Download|
|Quick Menu (OS X 10.5)||2.0.1||5.8 MB||Download|
|Easy-PhotoPrint EX (OS X 10.4/10.5/10.6)||4.1.6||102 MB||Download|
|Solution Menu EX Ver. 1.4.1 (OS X 10.4/10.5/10.6/10.7/10.8/10.9/10.10)||1.4.1||4.9 MB||Download|
|My Image Garden (OS X 10.6)||3.1.0||298 MB||Download|
|My Image Garden (OS X 10.11/10.10/10.9/10.8/Mac OS X 10.7)||3.2.0||299 MB||Download|
|Quick Menu (OS X 10.11/10.10/10.9/10.8/Mac OS X 10.7)||2.6.1||2.2 MB||Download|
|Easy-PhotoPrint EX (OS X 10.11/10.10/10.9/10.8/Mac OS X 10.7)||4.6.0||102 MB||Download|
|Quick Menu (OS X 10.6)||2.5.0||2.4 MB||Download|
Canon PIXMA iP4970 Driver & Software Package Free Download For Windows, Mac Os, Linux
You do not have to go into another website ever since you will get the driver of Canon PIXMA iP4970. since you can download them on our site that provides a download link for the driver & software directly from the Canon official site. Just click on the download web link available below and follow the manual instruction or you can also download user manual below to complete the installation process.