Canon PIXMA IP4840 Color Inkjet Photo Printer is a printer which is suitable for High-speed computer. It is completed with High-Speed USB Port and also Direct Print Port. The Direct Print Port will be functioned as the connector from camera to the printer. It makes the user able to print the pictures directly from the camera. To connect the printer to a mobile phone, there is also PictBridge feature to do the printing.
In order to support the paper saving, this printer is able to run two-sided printing for plain paper. For printing software, there are Canon Easy-Photo Print EX and other software to print the pictures in High Definition mode. Canon iP4840 also have dual trays with capacity for feed papers about 150 sheets for each tray. With printing resolution 9600 x 2400 dpi, the user will get great details of prints.
In the case of ink saving, this printer also provides 5 ink cartridges. It is easier for the user to replace the tank which is empty without sacrificing the full ones. It makes the user can use the ink optimally. This printer is also compatible with some operating system such as Windows and Mac. Canon PIXMA iP 4840 is also affordable in price so everyone can get it easily.
Also, update driver: Canon PIXMA IP2580 Manual & Download Driver
Canon PIXMA iP4840 Operating System Compatibility
Windows 10 / Windows 10 (x64) / Windows 8.1 / Windows 8.1 (x64) / Windows 8 / Windows 8 (x64) / Windows 7 / Windows 7 (x64) / Windows Vista / Windows Vista (x64) / Windows XP / Windows 2000 / Windows Me / Macintosh / Mac OS X (10.4/10.5/10.6/10.7/10.8/10.9/10.10/10.11)/ Linux
Canon PIXMA iP4840 Specification
|Print Resolution||Up to 9600 x 2400 dpi|
|Print Engine||Inkjet, 5 Single Inks, 5-colour system with minimum 1 pl droplet size|
|Photo Lab Quality Speed||Borderless 10 x 15cm: Approx. 20 seconds|
|Mono Print Speed||ESAT: Approx. 11.0 ipm|
|Colour Print Speed||ESAT: Approx. 9.3 ipm|
|Ink Cartridge Configuration||Single Ink technology – 5 separate ink tanks (PGI-425PGBK, CLI-426BK, CLI-426C, CLI-426M, CLI-426Y)|
|Black Ink Tank Life||Black: 341 pages (PGI-425PGBK), 3005 pages* (CLI-426BK)|
|Black: 3800 photos* (PGI-425PGBK), 660 photos* (CLI-426BK)|
|*Estimated Supplemental Yield|
|Colour Ink Tank Life||Cyan: 520 pages (CLI-426C), Magenta: 500 pages (CLI-426M), Yellow: 515 pages (CLI-426Y)|
|Cyan: 207 photos (CLI-426C), Magenta: 204 photos (CLI-426M), Yellow: 202 photos (CLI-426Y)|
|Media Type||Plain Paper, Envelopes, Photo Paper Pro Platinum (PT-101), Photo Paper Plus Glossy II (PP-201), Photo Paper Plus Semi-gloss (SG-201), Glossy Photo Paper “Everyday Use” (GP-501), Matte Photo Paper (MP-101), High Resolution Paper (HR-101N), T-shirt Transfer (TR-301), Photo Stickers (PS-101)|
|Media Input||Rear Tray: Max. 150 sheets|
|Front Tray: Max. 150 sheets|
|Direct Disc Print Tray: 1 printable Blu-Ray Disc, DVD or CD|
|Media Size||Rear Tray: A4, B5, A5, Letter, Legal, Envelopes (DL size or Commercial 10), 10 x 15cm, 13 x 18cm, 20 x 25cm|
|Cassette: A4, B5, A5, Letter|
|Media Weight||Rear Tray: Plain paper: 64 to 105 g/m² and supported Canon special media up to approx. 300 g/m²|
|Cassette: Plain paper: 64 to 105 g/m²|
|DVD/CD Printing||Available as standard|
|Two Sided Printing||Available for plain paper in A4, B5, A5 & Letter|
|Borderless Printing||Yes (A4, Letter, 20 x 25cm, 13 x 18cm, 10 x 15cm)|
|INTERFACE AND CONNECTIVITY|
|Interface Type – PC||Hi-Speed USB (B Port)|
|Interface Type – Camera||Direct Print Port: Camera direct photo printing from PictBridge compliant digital cameras & camcorders|
|Interface Type – Mobile Phone / PDA||Photo printing via PictBridge|
|DRIVERS AND SOFTWARE|
|Minimum System Requirements||Windows 7: 1 GHz or faster cpu, 1 GB RAM (64 bit requires 2 GB RAM)|
|Windows Vista (32/ 64 bit): 1 GHz or faster cpu, 512 MB RAM|
|Windows XP SP2, 3: 300 MHz or faster cpu, 128 MB RAM|
|Browser: Internet Explorer 6 or higher|
|Display: 1024 x 768 or better|
|Mac OS 10.6: Intel Processor, 1 GB RAM|
|Mac OS 10.5: Intel or PowerPC Processor (G4, G5, 867 MHz or faster)|
|Mac OS 10.4.11: Intel or PowerPC Processor (G5, G4, G3), 256 MB RAM|
|Browser: Safari 3 or higher|
|Display: 1024 x 768 or better|
|Driver Features||Collate, multiple page per sheet print, booklet print, poster print, scaled print, fit-to-page print, Photo Noise Reduction, photo effects|
|Software Included||Canon printer drivers, Canon Easy-PhotoPrint EX with Full HD Movie Print function, Canon Easy-WebPrint EX, and Canon Solution Menu EX|
|Power Source||AC 100-240V, 50/60Hz|
|Power Consumption||Standby (USB connection to PC): Approx. 1.1 W|
|Off (USB connection to PC): Approx. 0.4 W|
|Printing: 17 W|
|Temperature Range||Operating environment: 5° – 35° C|
|Humidity||Operating humidity: 10 – 90% RH (no condensation)|
|Acoustic Noise Levels||Printing: Approx. 46.5 dB(A)|
|When printing ISO/JIS-SCID N2 pattern on 10x15cm Photo Paper Plus Glossy II using default settings|
|Dimensions (W x D x H)||431 x 297 x 153mm|
|Weight||Approx. 5.7 kg|
Canon PIXMA iP4840 Driver & Software Installations
Method 1: How To Install The Canon PIXMA iP4840 Driver With Free Download
In this case, we are going to install Canon PIXMA iP4840 without CD (Automatic Wizard)
What you need:
- You are required to have a driver setup or the software file of Canon PIXMA iP4840. For the file of the driver setup, you simply click the link below for the download.
- You also obliged to have the USB cable as the connector from the printer to the computer that you will get from the printer package.
Next, follow the instruction on how to install Canon PIXMA iP4840 printer with the Setup File.
- First, of course, you need to turn on the computer as well as the Canon PIXMA iP4840 as well.
- Still, try not to connect the Canon PIXMA iP4840 printer USB cable first before it is suggested.
- Download the driver setup of Canon PIXMA iP4840 and install it in your computer by following all of the instruction for the installation progress.
- Then connect the USB cable of Canon PIXMA iP4840 when the installation of the driver setup is already finished. In this case, the wizard will analyze when the USB cable has already connected. When the USB cable of Canon PIXMA iP4840 already detected in the computer, it will go to further instructions.
- Follow the wizard instructions to finish the installation process.
- When it is finished, the Canon PIXMA iP4840 printer can be used for the printing process.
Method 2: How To Install Canon PIXMA iP4840 Drivers Manually
When you choose this method, you need the help of “Add a printer” option from the Windows inbuilt feature.
What you need:
- You are obliged to have the Software/Driver Setup file of Canon PIXMA iP4840. You can try to download it from the links provided.
- You also require the USB cable of Canon PIXMA iP4840 printer.
How to install:
- The first step, turn on all of your devices, in this case, are the computer and the Canon PIXMA iP4840 printer.
- Connect the USB cable of Canon PIXMA iP4840 from the printer to the computer.
- Next, extract Canon PIXMA iP4840 setup file and also their extracted location (it will be commonly found in TEMP folder)
- Click Start à Control Panel à View Devices & Printer (for Windows 7 and Vista OS). For XP OS, you can click on “Fax & Printers.
- Click on “Add a printer.”
- When it has been ready and adjusted for the driver’s location, give it the path where you extracted the setup file.
- Follow all of the wizard instructions to finish the installation.
- When you have done, you can use the Canon PIXMA iP4840 printer is ready to be used on your computer.
Method 3: Canon PIXMA iP4840 Driver Free Download Installations
How to install Canon PIXMA iP4840 Printer with software CD (Automatic Wizard)
What you need:
- You require CD/DVD drive installed on your personal computer.
- A Software/Driver CD Disk of Canon PIXMA iP4840 that included with the printer package is needed.
- USB Cable as the connector of the printer and computer that included in the printer package.
Follow these instructions for the further installation process of Canon PIXMA iP4840 printer with CD Drive.
- First of all, do not forget to turn on your computer and also the Canon PIXMA iP4840 printer.
- Do not plug in the USB cable of Canon PIXMA iP4840 printer until needed.
- Insert Canon PIXMA iP4840 CD disk to the CD/DVD drive on your personal computer and follow the setup wizard from the CD. Follow all of the instructions for the installation.
- Connect the USB Cable of Canon PIXMA iP4840 printer to the computer when the setup wizard asks you to plug in the USB Cable.
- Wait until the USB cable Canon PIXMA iP4840 is detected and follow the wizard instructions for the further process of the installation.
- When it is done, you will find out the Canon PIXMA iP4840 printer is ready to use.
How to Install Canon PIXMA iP4840 Printer Driver on Linux
- A Linux-run device
- A Common Unix Printer Service (CUPS) installed on the device.
- Run the computer and run the CUPS.
- Visit the web-based interface.
- Open a browser and navigate to localhost: 631.
- Connect the printer.
- On the browser, go to Administration tab and select Printers.
- Select Add Printer.
- Enter username and password.
- Your printer (Canon PIXMA iP4840) should be on the list displayed. Select it and press Continue.
- CUPS detect and add the printer.
- A configuration window will pop up, fill values as needed.
- The printer is ready to use.
How to Uninstall Canon PIXMA iP4840 Printer Driver
- Look for the Windows button on your device’s keyboard.
- Select Control Panel.
- Look for Uninstall a Program tab, select it.
- Look for the name of the printer driver you wish to uninstall.
- Click on the Uninstall button.
- Wait until the process is done.
- Open Apple Menu.
- Select System Preferences.
- Select Printers and Scanners.
- Choose a printer driver that you wish to uninstall. (Select Canon PIXMA iP4840 if your printer is of that type.)
- Click Remove.
- Go to Application.
- Select System Settings.
- Select Printers. Printer window will pop up.
- Locate Unlock button on the upper right section, select it.
- Enter password.
- Locate the Canon PIXMA iP4840 printer driver your wish to uninstall. Find a minus sign under it.
- Click the minus sign.
canoncopierdrivers.com provide a download link for Canon PIXMA iP4840 publishing directly from Canon website with easy-to-download, to get the download link can be found below.
|PIXMA iP4840 Printer Driver (Windows 10/10 x64/8.1/8.1 x64/8/8 x64/7/7 x64/Vista/Vista64/XP)||2.56||17 MB||Download|
|Canon IJ Printer Driver Windows XP x64||2.41||8.7 MB||Download|
|Canon IJ Printer Driver For (Windows 32-bit) 7/Vista/XP/2000)||2.40||15 MB||Download|
|PIXMA iP4840 XPS Printer Driver (Windows 10/10 x64/8.1/8.1 x64/8/8 x64/7/7 x64/Vista/Vista64)||5.56||23 MB||Download|
|My Printer (Windows 10/10 x64/8.1/8.1 x64/8/8 x64/7/7 x64/Vista/Vista64/XP)||3.3.0||5.6 MB||Download|
|Easy-WebPrint EX (Windows 10/10 x64/8.1/8.1 x64/8/8 x64/7/7 x64/Vista/Vista64/XP)||1.7.0||15 MB||Download|
|Easy-PhotoPrint EX (Windows 10/10 x64/8.1/8.1 x64/8/8 x64/7/7 x64/Vista/Vista64/XP)||4.7.0||58 MB||Download|
|My Image Garden (Windows 10/10 x64/8.1/8.1 x64/8/8 x64/7/7 x64/Vista/Vista64)||3.5.0||294 MB||Download|
|My Image Garden (Windows XP (32-bit)||3.3.1||293 MB||Download|
|Quick Menu (Windows XP (32-bit)||2.6.1||9.2 MB||Download|
|Quick Menu (Windows 10/10 x64/8.1/8.1 x64/8/8 x64/7/7 x64/Vista/Vista64)||2.7.0||9.1 MB||Download|
|Easy-WebPrint EX (Windows XP x64)||1.7.0||15 MB||Download|
|Easy-PhotoPrint EX (Windows XP x64)||4.7.0||58 MB||Download|
|Solution Menu EX (Windows XP x64)||1.4.1||9.6 MB||Download|
|Solution Menu EX (Windows 8.1/8.1 x64/8/8 x64/7/7 x64/Vista/Vista64/XP)||1.4.1||9.6 MB||Download|
|Windows Adobe RGB 1998 Installer Program (Windows 8.1/8.1 x64/8/8 x64/7/7 x64/Vista/Vista64/XP/Windows 2000/Windows Me)||1.4.1||329 KB||Download|
|PIXMA iP4840 CUPS Printer Driver (OS X 10.12/10.11/10.10/10.9/10.8/Mac OS X 10.7)||188.8.131.52||15 MB||Download|
|PIXMA iP4840 CUPS Printer Driver (OS X 10.5/10.6)||184.108.40.206||18 MB||Download|
|Easy-PhotoPrint EX (OS X 10.11/10.10/10.9/10.8/Mac OS X 10.7)||4.7.0||102 MB||Download|
|My Image Garden (OS X 10.11/10.10/10.9/Mac OS X 10.8)||3.5.0||300 MB||Download|
|Quick Menu (OS X 10.7)||2.6.1||2.2 MB||Download|
|My Image Garden For Mac OS X 10.7||3.2.0||299 MB||Download|
|Quick Menu (OS X 10.11/10.10/10.9/10.8)||2.7.0||1.8 MB||Download|
|My Image Garden For Mac OS X 10.6||3.1.0||298 MB||Download|
|Quick Menu For Mac OS X 10.6||2.5.0||2.4 MB||Download|
|Solution Menu EX (OS X 10.4/10.5/10.6/10.7/10.8/10.9/10.10)||1.4.1||4.9 MB||Download|
|Easy-PhotoPrint EX (OS X 10.4/10.5/10.6)||4.1.6||102 MB||Download|
|Quick Menu For Mac OS X 10.5||2.0.1||5.8 MB||Download|
|My Image Garden For Mac OS X 10.5||1.0.0||289 MB||Download|
|Linux IJ Printer Driver||3.40||7.2 MB||Download|
|Linux IJ printer driver source file||3.40||9.1 MB||Download|
|PIXMA iP4840 User Manual (Windows)||1.00||9.2 MB||Download|
|PIXMA iP4840 User Manual (Mac)||1.00||20 MB||Download|
|Guide for Quick Menu (Mac)||V2.6||1.1 MB||Download|
|Guide for Quick Menu (Windows)||V2.6||1.1 MB||Download|
|Guide for My Image Garden (Mac)||V3.2||11 MB||Download|
|Guide for My Image Garden (Windows)||V3.2||11 MB||Download|
Canon PIXMA iP4840 Driver & Software Package Free Download For Windows, Mac Os, Linux
You do not have to go into another website ever since you will get the driver of Canon PIXMA iP4840. since you can download them on our site that provides a download link for the driver & software directly from the Canon official site. Just click on the download web link available below and follow the manual instruction or you can also download user manual below to complete the installation process.